How can I block a number from texting my phone?
ashlystone86

I have a Prepaid Verizon, flip phone -  The model is SCHU365 It's a very basic phone and I am having issues finding information on how to block a number. I do not want this number to text or call me anymore. I read the information on how to block a number, but this did not apply to PREPAID Accounts. Do you know if I can block numbers on a prepaid Verizon wireless account??

Please help!

I will check back on this discussion to look for responses... I am not very good at the internet or with discussion boards. Please email me with directions or suggestions -- if you do not mind. Because I do not know if I can find this discussion board again Smiley Happy

Thanks - Ashly

<< Private information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I block a number from texting my phone?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The option to block numbers via the on-line MyVerizon isn't available for prepay accounts.  Prepay customers can have blocks put on their phones by calling Customer Service:

Customer Service - Prepaid

Dial *611 from your cell phone

(888) 294-6804

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

View solution in original post

Not applicable

I don't have prepay but I think http://www.verizonwireless.com (My Verizon) has a section for pre pay customers.

You can then register for My Verizon and one of its features is to block 5 numbers/text msg from bothering you for up to 90 days. you then go back and re-enter the numbers again after 90 days. They have a service for $4.99 a month called Usage Controls which can block 20 numbers permanently as well as unknown numbers and international etc. I forget the rest but the information is on the Verizon web site.

Good Luck

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The option to block numbers via the on-line MyVerizon isn't available for prepay accounts.  Prepay customers can have blocks put on their phones by calling Customer Service:

Customer Service - Prepaid

Dial *611 from your cell phone

(888) 294-6804

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Not applicable

You really come alive in the Spring.....

0 Likes
Aphena
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called and I just spole with Customer Service. You cannot block individuals numbers on prepaid they told me it takes too much cost on their end.....Which is BS. They said only option is to change yout MTN (mobile telephone number).

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Or you can get a post-paid account which has that feature.  It's your choice.

0 Likes
Littlet3

Try a different phone.

0 Likes