Does the EnV Touch require a data plan?
doctorcatfish

I need a new phone, and it has to be similar to the LG Extravert. I just want a new phone for variety, although I could purchase the Extravert again. But, when I look up whether the EnV Touch requires a data plan, there is so much confusion. Even the Verizon Customer Support people give different answers. I am very uncomfortable with the idea of a data plan, because I just want to pay $20/month for unlimited texting-I text very heavily. But I do not want to pay $50-70 per month just to text. I also hope it isn't a smartphone, because I have been searching for a non-smartphone for weeks. So...does it require one or not? If you can recommend a similar phone that meets my needs, please do. I also prefer touch screens and good cameras.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the EnV Touch require a data plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know cost is important to you doctorcatfish and we want to make sure you have the best plan for your needs. If you purchase  a basic phone (Lg-Env) for full retail cost you can use the plan you currently have. If you upgrade to a basic phone with a discount, you will have to choose one of our shared data plans for basic devices. The Lg-Env-Touch will require a data plan and if this phone is purchased at full retail price, you can use your current plan and add on one of our old data plans because you have an older plan. If you upgrade with a discount for this  device, you will have to pick one of our shared data plans. Here is some information about out plans http://bit.ly/xdDajD . Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know cost is important to you doctorcatfish and we want to make sure you have the best plan for your needs. If you purchase  a basic phone (Lg-Env) for full retail cost you can use the plan you currently have. If you upgrade to a basic phone with a discount, you will have to choose one of our shared data plans for basic devices. The Lg-Env-Touch will require a data plan and if this phone is purchased at full retail price, you can use your current plan and add on one of our old data plans because you have an older plan. If you upgrade with a discount for this  device, you will have to pick one of our shared data plans. Here is some information about out plans http://bit.ly/xdDajD . Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Does the EnV Touch require a data plan?
doctorcatfish

Okay, I no longer will search for that phone. Would an LG Dare work with what I want, or would I have to have a data plan? Thank you.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

The LG Dare does not require a data plan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I will confirm Verizon's answer with a side note....

The verizon LG enV touch was made in two versions, pre and post data plan.   The only way to get one that does not require data is to find one made prior to the data plan.

I know this because I still own one.     I asked if I could put it on a data plan and was told no, it did not have the programming for a data plan. 

Darn good phone, so I can see why you would look for one.

0 Likes