Does the $45 prepaid plan includes all fees?
Mr_Mac3
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, the lowest cost prepaid plan is $45 a month, that is all?  No other fees, surcharges taxes, smartphone access fee?  1 GB data is sufficient for my needs for now and I can always upgrade later, right?  Why then would someone purchase The Verizon Plan for $30 + $20 smartphone access fee + taxes and fees?  Or am I just supposed to "know" that there are all these unknown and unstated fees with the $45 prepaid plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $45 includes all fees?
Snn5
Legend

$45 for 1GB (2GB on autopay) and add tax.  I pay $50.80 a month.  Those other plans, postpaid, they include Cloud and a roughly 10% wider coverage area, plus a few other things like Advanced Calling and WiFi Calling from the Verizon Messages app.  The customer service is a little better on Postpaid, but I have had no service issues on Prepaid.  You can also upgrade at any time to the 2.5 (3.5GB on auto pay)

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

$45 for 1GB (2GB on autopay) and add tax.  I pay $50.80 a month.  Those other plans, postpaid, they include Cloud and a roughly 10% wider coverage area, plus a few other things like Advanced Calling and WiFi Calling from the Verizon Messages app.  The customer service is a little better on Postpaid, but I have had no service issues on Prepaid.  You can also upgrade at any time to the 2.5 (3.5GB on auto pay)

Mr_Mac3
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK, that makes sense, clearly many people might find those extra benefits useful. The tax amount is fair; glad to hear there aren't unreasonable extra charges. Just don't want to buy a Cadillac plan for my teenager.