Re: Does Verizon Wireless have a formal problem escalation procedure? (To Verizon Community Manager)
ptmy12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I stumbled on to the private messages by hitting reply to this message.  I replied to that message.  What's next?

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon Wireless have a formal problem escalation procedure? (To Verizon Community Manager)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The private messages are available on the Verizon Wireless Community forum and you can access them by clicking on the envelope next to your community profile picture in the top right corner of the community homepage. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Not getting any help from Verizon Customer Service Rep (To Verizon Community Manager)
ptmy12
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been over a month since I opened this thread requesting help after getting no where with Verizon telephone customer support reps.  First, I was told by Rep CassieG (please see earlier replies in this thread) I needed to send a letter via U.S. mail to Verizon explaining the situation, which I did without response.  Then Rep Justin told me I needed to send a private message here without providing instructions on how to actually do it.  When I asked, Verizon rep PeterP's answer was: "that's a great question."  Thanks to fellow customer Ann154, I figured out how to do this.  I sent the  private message indicating I still needed help.   PeterP responded asking me to confirm I had $650 balance in my account before the money was removed by Verizon.  I sent PeterP the entire letter I wrote Verizon Support explaining the situation in great detail.   No response from PeterP after that.  I sent another private message a week later to ask for status.  I got a reply from Rep GenevieveB saying I need to escalate via Facebook or Twitter.  I asked her what I need to actually do after logging in to my account in Facebook.  Again no reply.

Can a Verizon Rep please help with this?   Run-arounds and lip services are not helping.

0 Likes
Is there a Verizon support rep out there who's willing and can actually help customers?
ptmy12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started this thread on 5/22/2020 requesting help after wasting days with Verizon telephone support reps getting nowhere.  Things looked promising here in the beginning.  Unfortunately, it's after two months, and I'm still nowhere.  Five different reps answered this post but provided nothing but lip service.  Each disappeared after one or two replies.

Is there a Verizon support rep out there willing to take this on?  If yes, please reply.  I'm trying to recover $641 removed from my account by the Verizon System. 

Other then complaining to the BBB, posting detail of my ordeal in social media, and filing a case in Small Claims Court, which I will do as a last resort, if any fellow Verizon customers have suggestions on how to proceed, please let me know.  Suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Verizon Customer Service doesn't Exist
ptmy12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before Verizon closes this thread for lack of activity, I want to put on record to say this problem started over 3 months ago has not been resolved.  $641 disappeared from my prepaid account, and I can't get a Verizon customer support rep to look into it.  I've interacted with over 10 support reps over the last 3 months, and had to explain the problem from scratch each time.  Each rep disappeared after 1 or 2 exchanges and I was back to square one.  In fact, another rep responded to one of my private messages yesterday asking me to explain what the problem was.  I replied and asked her to read the private message chain, which contains a detail explanation of the entire situation.  My prediction is that I won't hear from her again.  Each rep only gave his/her first name, which is a convenient way to dodge accountability.

I'm giving up in trying to recover this money, and will not be adding additional funds to this account.  I'm also in the process of switching carrier in our regular family cell account.

In my over 35 years dealing with customer support departments from various companies, I can honestly say this has been the worst experience I've ever encountered.  Verizon support reps are there to provide lip service, not to solve real problems.

With this kind of customer service, it's hard to justify ever doing business with Verizon Wireless again.

Re: Verizon Customer Service doesn't Exist
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see about getting this resolved for you once and for all. I will send you a Private Note so we can get into the details. Please respond directly to it.

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
ptmy12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, looks like we're back to where we were before NoahS_VWZ's reply.  Only one rep out of over 15 made a serious attempt to help me, and that's NoahS.  NoahS opened a ticket to the payment department on my behalf around two weeks ago.  I received an email confirmation of the opened ticket.  That email said I would receive a follow-up when a status update is available.  No followup email came.  I tried to reach NoahS via private message but kept getting different reps who provided more lip service.  The last exchange was with one of the rep (CourtneyM_VZW) who gave some  lip service in the past, then disappeared.  She said the ticket was rejected, and gave me the same toll free number that I called in the beginning, which got no where.

Gee thanks CourtneyM for nothing.  Be good if I can somehow contact NoahS but doesn't look like that's possible.  This is what I meant when I said in a prior message: no accountability and no follow through.

As mentioned in my previous message, I'm done with Verizon.

ptmy12
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I asked to have my private messages be passed to NoahS, I get replies from other reps saying that's not possible.  They say reps work as a team.  Right.  They work as a team all right.  Unfortunately, there's only one good player on the team (NoahS_VZW)!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was the original private message sent from the @vzw_customer_support username or the individual username for NoahS_VZW? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ptmy12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't really know Ann.  I just logged on to my account, and clicked send a private message.  I tried sending directly to NoahS_VZW as well as the general account.  But who's knows where message is going.

Anyway, after 4 months of frustration, I decide to give up on that $641.  I'm closing all my Verizon accounts.

0 Likes