Data throttling
PUK2
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I use too much data on my Unlimited plan, will my connection speed be throttled?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data throttling
rcschnoor
Legend

PUK2 wrote:

I have the new jet pack prepaid unlimited plan. At what point is the data throttled?

With this plan, it appears your data is not throttled in the normal sense. In times of congestion on the tower you are using, you data may be prioritized behind other traffic on the tower. Once the congestion lessens, your speed should go back to normal.

View solution in original post

bearone21
Legend

yes

0 Likes
PUK2
Enthusiast - Level 1

At what point does throttling begin?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on which unlimited plan you have. Please provide that information to the community members.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

PUK2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the new jet pack prepaid unlimited plan.  At what point is the data throttled? Does the web page show the usage at that point.  Will I receive an email warning me?

0 Likes
PUK2
Enthusiast - Level 1

The "Data Usage" tab is a month behind.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

PUK2 wrote:

I have the new jet pack prepaid unlimited plan. At what point is the data throttled?

With this plan, it appears your data is not throttled in the normal sense. In times of congestion on the tower you are using, you data may be prioritized behind other traffic on the tower. Once the congestion lessens, your speed should go back to normal.