Re: Customer Service issue, filing a complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We regret you feel that way, lapthornej. We as customer service reps can take the feedback. Once we submit the feedback, it is forwarded to the supervisor to address with the representative.
We really don't want you to cancel service.
We handle postpay accounts here.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
OfficialComplaint
Enthusiast - Level 2

2/28/2014

Verizon,

This is an official complaint letter against your whole customer service department. I will start from the beginning and work my way to today.

February 17th

My father in law and myself called customer service to see what our options where to release the 2 lines my wife and myself had under his plan. We where given 2 options.

1. We could just take over the 2 lines and contract and do what we wished.
  2. We could cancel the 2 lines pay the early disconnect fee and start a new contract by ourselves. Once the 2 old lines where disconnect we could have the numbers transferred to the new phones online.

We went with option 2 so we could get new phones and plus our old numbers once we transferred them over. So the night of February 17th we disconnected the old lines under my father in law. At this time we where told that they could only deactivate them at the end of the billing cycle. After that call was over my wife and myself order our new phone and contract online.

February 18th

We got a message from our credit card saying that there where charges to our account that needed to be viewed. At that time my wife cleared the charges from Verizon so the order could be placed. Our credit card company told us to call Verizon and have them push the order again. I called Verizon midday and ask what we needed to do. At that time I was told the only thing we could do is reorder. I placed the new order with the customer services rep. I was talking with. He told me that the other order would just drop off. Later that day we had 2 charges on our account and a bit later we had 2 sets of phones being shipped. We called customer service that night to see what we could do. It came down to we had to not accept one of the packages and once the refused shipment was return we would get credited. (as of February 28th no credit). Plus we where also told that we did not need to place that second order, we should have just been sent over to online sales.

February 20th

We received our new phones that where ordered starting on the 17th and where sent overnight. If my calculations are correct the latest the phones should have been here was the 19th with the delay of our credit card issue. 

February 26th

At 10:30 PM our 2old phones where disconnect, so we tried to change our numbers over to the old ones online. Once we found out that we could not do it online we called customer service. 1.5 hours later we where told that they where not able to do the transfers because all the offices where closed for the night and we where also told that the second option we where given was incorrect.

February 27th

Called customer service at 7:00 PM and once we where connected with a customer representative we where told that it could be done, but it wasn't the normal way to do it. Then we where told no they could not do it. And finally they said that they could transfer the one number and not the other. At this time and multiple times thought out the call I ask if there would be any fees and multiple times I was told all fees would be waived. After 2 hours we had the one number reactivated and transferred over to my account and ready to switch the 2 phones and lines. At this time I confirmed that the other line would be disconnected. I was told at that time that it would be a 350 dollar early disconnect fee. So I mentioned that I was told there would be no fees involved. I was then told that there was nothing they could do about the fees. At the end of the 3 hour call everything was put somewhat back to the way we started.

Overall I was mislead multiple times, repeatedly lied to about what could be done and what fees would be applied. At the end of this almost 2 week process nothing has been done that we where told could be done, our account is so far gone we do not know if we are going to be over charged or have extra fees because no one would tell us the truth.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OfficialComplaint,

I understand your concern, I sincerely apologize for the problems experienced while transferring lines of service under your name. I know it's important to have this resolved and have it all set up correctly. To transfer existing lines to a different account, you will have to complete an Assumption of Liability http://vz.to/1ocmabw . The lines need to remain active, once the lines are disconnected they can't be transferred.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Redleader1985

I have never been so frustrated in my life!!!!! I have huge problem with my phone and have gone to the store at least 7 times and called customer service way more times than that. The phone doesn't work!!! It is a known issue that my phone has all its issues and the only feedback I have recieved is to lie by making a claim for it or pay over 200 for a poor excuse of a smart phone. I paid almost 200 for my current phone and no one seems to care about correcting the wrong. I need a new phone. At this most I will be leaving work today to port my number back to AT&T where I had no issues and will be taking my parents 300 a month bill with me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Redleader1985,

We're here to help ease some of that frustration. What model phone do you have? What issues were you having with your device? Does the device have any physical/liquid damage?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Scott4020

Will there ever be verizon wireless service in North Fairfield, Ohio 44855???

0 Likes
sdmunoz

hello friend, how do I follow you on this community forums? Thanks!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes
steven89

Does anyone know who I can file a customer service complaint with.  Verizon should rename it their  customer DIS-service department.  I have not been able to talk to a competent person on any problem without calling numerous times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello steven89, help is here front and center! We do our best to provide a top notch customer experience. My apologies for your previous interactions. Please share details on the issues you are experiencing so we can turn this around. You can reach us via Facebook, twitter, and these mediums as well: http://vz.to/19p59Ec

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes