tpolwsyf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless

Attn: Correspondence Team

PO Box  5029

Wallingford, GA  06492

12/16/13

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a number of complaints that I feel have not been heard regarding my account with Verizon. Below is the narrative of my account of incidents with my Verizon plan and accompanying Stratosphere phone which took place this past year

March of 2013:  Walked into Verizon store and complained Samsung Stratosphere phone wasn’t sufficiently charging.  This took approximately 1.5 hours to diagnose the issue with my phone.   Initially diagnosed as an issue with the A/C adaptor port, eventually your technician determined there was a software glitch instead.  Phone sent back to your warehouse and covered by warrantee.

July of 2013:  Went into Verizon store in El Cerrito, CA. When I inquired as to why my phone wouldn’t charge, explaining I had to get a new phone in March.  At this point I was accused of breaking my phone by having used an aftermarket charger.  I explained that my charger was not aftermarket charger and that my phone was experiencing a loose connection.  I was pressed further by the manager on duty who demanded I bring in and produce the charger to her.  When I disputed this again, the manager looked at my port, performed QA on it and realized the port was contributing to the loose connection. 

October of 2013:  My phone’s external volume button became unusable. Shortly after this, the screen on my phone developed a crack.  I called the customer support team on October 22 and was accused of having broken my phone. I asked for the customer complaint address and was given Verizon Wireless PO Box 4005 Acworth, GA 30101.  Although I stated I did not want to use Verizon anymore, the manager (Eric) did not give me the option to suspend my account. 

Shortly after this I wrote a letter of complaint to this Acworth, GA address dated October the 30th asking that my service be terminated immediately.  No one contacted me back.  A month later I called and I spoke with manager Johnathan by phone who told me snail mailing my complaint was not the appropriate way to complain as it did not follow operational procedure.  I was told by him to submit my complaint via on-line instead.  Then on December 16 only 2 weeks later, I was told by Manager Cameron there was no way to file a complaint on-line; that I had to do it by snail mail afterall.

I request Verizon retroactively terminate my account starting October 28 of 2013 as indicated in the letter below and that I not be held responsible for charges accrued post October 28 of 2013 or any early termination fees resulting from terminating my account.  Below is the letter I sent on October 28 of 2013.  I am also initiating paperwork in my local small claims court. 

Sincerely,

Peter

Peter    

10/28/13

Verizon Wireless

PO Box 4005

Acworth, GA  30101

To Whom It May Concern,

I have been a Verizon customer for 1 year and I use your Samsung Stratosphere phone.  Recently, I upgraded my family’s service to include a larger data plan and I have had the best intentions to renew my contract with Verizon.  I do however request you terminate my contract effective immediately due to insufficient service. 

In March of 2013, I visited the Verizon store in the Bay Area due to my phone’s very slow processing speed.  After approximately 1.5 hours of trying to diagnose why my phone wouldn’t work, the technician determined my phone had a software glitch. 

At this point, the store replaced my phone with a new Stratosphere and in this way it took 4 business days for me to receive my new phone.  At the time, I was in between jobs and I was not reimbursed for time lost.

Then, the new phone was replaced only 3 months later in June of 2013 due to a bad port which prevented my phone from charging.  Once again, the store technician ordered a new phone.

Finally, my 3rd Stratosphere became incapacitated last week as the display fails to illuminate rendering my phone useless.  I do not wish to continue my business with Verizon and I request you terminate my contract immediately.

Sincerely,

Peter

Re: Customer Service issue, filing a complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We really appreciate you taking the time to forward the correspondence to us as well, tpolwsyf. I am going to send you a direct message to get more details from you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
crimsontidegirl2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Complaint:

Judging by the posts there are no ways to get an email address to email a complaint.  I cant get anywhere with the phone customer service.  It appears they don't know how to properly escalate an issue above their head.  I get many apologies and lots of phone calls from people who arent empowered to fix ANYTHING.

I bought a DROID MAXX.  Within 30 days the kit kat update "bricked" my phone.  Verizon replaced it with a "Like-New" (which really means refurbished) phone.  I lodged a complaint with Verizon that my New phone was being replaced with a used one and that was not acceptable.  Their response was, you used it for 30 days, its already used.  They in turn told me to work with Motorola to get a new phone.  Three hours and 3 people who I either couldn't understand (poor English) or said they don't deal with "new" phones, they transferred me back to Verizon wireless.  I have now received my "Like-New" MAXX and of course, screen resolution problems.  So, I now have the option of getting another "like-new" (Crap) phone.  I want Verizon to make this right.  I have been a customer with 3 lines for 10 years and am annoyed to the very end.

Please anyone help me get in touch with someone empowered to make this right or tell me to "pound sand", apologies without action wont cut it any more!

rcschnoor
Legend

The terms of the manufacturers warranty stipulate that you would receive a refurbished phone. You say you want someone "empowered to make this right or tell me to "pound sand"". It seems to me that when Verizon has told you to "work with Motorola to get a new phone" this is EXACTLY what they are saying. If you want someone to do something ADDITIONAL than what is stipulated in the manufacturers warranty, it would be the manufacturer. Call Motorola, Verizon simply facilitates what the manufacturer had told them to do with warranty exchanges.Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We strive to offer as many support options as possible for our valued customers crimsontidegirl2. I'm sorry we don't offer an e-mail support option. We are happy to assist you with troubleshooting your device here. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties with your replacement, as these units should be of the highest quality. What specific issues are you having with the screen? If it is determined that the device needs to be replaced after thorough troubleshooting, it will be a certified like new unit of the same make and model.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
WhyWhyWhyVERIZON
Enthusiast - Level 2

good luck with that!  Verizon makes it almost IMPOSSIBLE to reach them via e-mail.  What a sad sad sad and sorry company this is.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WhyWhyWhyVERIZON, Thank you for the feedback. We are always looking for the best ways to provide service to our customers. Although email is not one of our current offerings we can still be reached via social media, online chat and by phone: http://vz.to/1bnHNlm .

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jcat12171
Enthusiast - Level 1

These (removed)!!!! Feb. 12th came home from work to find a bill with home phone service charge of 19.99. I don't have a home phone!!!!!!! I called around 6:30 to get problem fixed. on hold for about 15 mins just to talk to someone. finally talk to her and she cant figure it out and all the sudden get disconnected!!!!! Call back speak to the next (removed), who I asked why the 1st girl didn't call me back, he didn't know. "but let me pick up where she left off"  he cant figure it out same thing waited like 10 mins for him and 5 mins later disconnected. Call AGAIN!!! wait 15 mins to speak to the next (removed), I tell her the same thing but I say I need a supervisor, wait 20 mins and disconnected again without any return calls from any of these (removed) employees from this (removed) company!!!!!!! its now 8:21 and they've yet to call!!!! VERIZON (removed)!!!!!!!!!

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jcat12171,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with your bill and calling in. We want everyone to have a positive experience when they contact us. I apologize that did not happen for you. The home phone connect is a device that you can use with your regular home phones. It is a black base that you set up in the house. If this does not sound like anything that you may have purchased we want to make sure that we resolve this issue as quickly as possible. There are many ways for you to contact us http://vz.to/1f0mB7n

RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lapthornej

I believe this is a load of crap.  I just got off the phone with Verizon and they're still giving me the run around.  How do I file a real complaint?  Not the kind where you take the name of the person I'm complaining about and just ask If I was mislead and then call it good.  I know nothing will be done about it.  Once my husband gets home and here's whats been going on....we'll be cancelling our services.

0 Likes