Change prepaid plan or smart phone first?
jim249

I went to my local Verizon store and didn't get much help there. So here goes. I want a new HTC 526 phone and also upgrade my plan to the $60 a month prepaid plan and keep my same account. Should I upgrade my plan first or my new phone first? Will my account balance lose any money? Any extra data purchased from my previous plan, will I lose it? Will my monthly renewal date change with the new phone or plan change? I have read to wait until just prior to renewal to change your plan. Any help, Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change prepaid plan or smart phone first?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would be best to call the prepaid customer service number at 1 (888) 294-6804 have them help you with the process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would be best to call the prepaid customer service number at 1 (888) 294-6804 have them help you with the process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I don't think any device change will have an effect on your account.  However, like Ann154 said, it would probably be best to contact their prepaid division to find out for sure.

0 Likes