Change Prepaid Plan - what I already paid is worthless?
wilcyn92

Hi -

I currently have Verizon's $35 prepaid plan. I was hoping to change to their $50 dollar plan. My concern is, if I switch now, do I lose the money that I paid or can I just pay the balance somehow? I'm very tight on money and if it means I'd have to pay a while extra month for this month it might change my decision to switch plans just yet.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change Prepaid Plan - what I already paid is worthless?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Wilcyn92,

Thank you for reaching out. We are certainly here to assist you. You should have no problem with having the money paid transferred to the next plan. If you have prepaid a month then the money will transfer. You may have to make up the prorated difference in cost if you make the change mid month. To best confirm you will want to contact pre-pay department at (888) 294-6804. Let us know if you need anymore help.

Thank you,

Tony_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
littlefawntlm

This is wrong. I just lost $50 by changing plans from taking bad advice from the tech above! I can not afford to be without a phone and I also do not have the now $35 (I WAS TRYING TO SAVE MONEY THIS MONTH!) it says I have to pay. I paid $50 one week ago! This is bad business and it is wrong. If I am not contacted by someone after begging for help with this issue, I WILL pay the money again...but not to this company.

0 Likes
tringo

Me too. I have just lost $60 when changing from $60 prepaid package to $45 prepaid package. It's really bad service...

0 Likes