Can I unlock my prepaid device for use in India?
abhishekln_sri
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Care,

I have purchased a Moto g phone in USA locked on Verizon,I woud like to use

in India,Please help me and guide me on the unlocking process and let me

know for any information from the phone.

--

thanks

Abhishek

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlocking of Verizon Prepaid Wireless Phone
Snn5
Legend

Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy:

• We do not lock our 4G LTE Prepaid devices, and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier.
  • We do not lock our 3G Prepaid devices, other than our 3G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones, and the simple code to program such 3G Prepaid devices for use with another carrier is either “000000” or “123456.” If the user guide for your device does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, you can contact us at *611 from your Verizon Wireless phone, or (888)294-6804, for assistance.
  • Our 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones are restricted for use with our Prepaid service for six months after activation, and are locked to the Verizon Wireless network for 12 months after activation. After six months, the restriction to our Prepaid service is automatically removed. After 12 months, you can contact us at *611 from your Verizon Wireless Prepaid phone, or (888)294-6804, and we will provide you with the programming code so that you can unlock your phone. If the user guide for your phone does not provide instructions to access the programming menu,

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy:

• We do not lock our 4G LTE Prepaid devices, and no code is needed to program them for use with another carrier.
  • We do not lock our 3G Prepaid devices, other than our 3G Phone-in-the-Box Prepaid phones, and the simple code to program such 3G Prepaid devices for use with another carrier is either “000000” or “123456.” If the user guide for your device does not provide instructions to access the programming menu, you can contact us at *611 from your Verizon Wireless phone, or (888)294-6804, for assistance.
  • Our 3G Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box phones are restricted for use with our Prepaid service for six months after activation, and are locked to the Verizon Wireless network for 12 months after activation. After six months, the restriction to our Prepaid service is automatically removed. After 12 months, you can contact us at *611 from your Verizon Wireless Prepaid phone, or (888)294-6804, and we will provide you with the programming code so that you can unlock your phone. If the user guide for your phone does not provide instructions to access the programming menu,
JonathanPseudonym

I have a Moto G6 Play.  Can I assume this will also work in India?

Can I just put an Indian SIM into my phone when I get there?  Any particular concerns I should pay attention to?

0 Likes