Can I switch devices & still keep my old plan? Can I use a device that is no longer in the Verizon prepaid lineup?
DeeJay10275

I have a BlackBerry Bold but I need to replace it. It's pretty worn out. I recently discovered that Verizon has gotten rid of the plan that I am still currently on. I am on the $64.99 450 Minutes & Unlimited Text w/ $30 Unlimited Data. I am looking at buying a Motorola Droid3. That's another question. Can I use the this Droid with my prepaid service? I remember it used to be in the prepaid lineup.

I want to use this device with my prepaid service. Is it possible? If so, can I use it without switching to the $80 plan? I need to keep my old plan. My school is relying heavily on technology. 1GB isn't cuttin' it. None of the other carriers work in my area but Verizon. An answer is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I switch devices & still keep my old plan? Can I use a device that is no longer in the Verizon prepaid lineup?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have great news, DeeJay10275! If you're happy with your current plan, you can keep it. The only caveat is that you will need to purchase the Droid 3 and not accept a discount. 

The Droid 3 can not be used as a pre-paid device. I trust that this information will be helpful. Have a great day! 

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes