Can I send a picture or video message over wi-fi on a prepaid plan?
utpman

Can a picture / video text msg ever be sent via wifi only connection under any condition with the stock text mesaging app? Pre-Paid is the scenario with an unlocked Android phone.  The plan is the $45 unlimited talk and text.  This would be a case where the data plan has already been exhausted as well.  Someone is telling me they can receive picture messages with the built in stock text app over wifi even when they no longer have data left on their plan.  This is not consistent with what I understand as the way it works though.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can a picture / video text msg ever be sent via wifi only under any condition? Pre-Paid
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No it won't send over wifi only with the stock message application.

I understand it will work for the VZW Message+ application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can a picture / video text msg ever be sent via wifi only under any condition? Pre-Paid
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No it won't send over wifi only with the stock message application.

I understand it will work for the VZW Message+ application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
utpman

Is the VZW Message+ App already on the phone out of the box or does it have to be found and downloaded first?

Is there a cost associated with using the VZW Message+ App?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is available in the Play Store. I would suggest reading the description of the application and any FAQs on it you can find on the Verizon Wireless website.

0 Likes