Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,588 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Account Language Preference
msaxon2

How can I get the language preference for two prepaid account lines changed from Spanish to English?

Dialing *611 and entering either number results in all prompts being in Spanish.

Thanks--

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Account Language Preference
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, msaxon2. We want to make sure you are able to get the help you need with your preferred language selected. Our

Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system sets to a preferred language default setting after selecting English or Spanish 3 consecutive times. Does anything change when you dial our full number, 1-800-922-0204?

0 Likes
msaxon2

JeffreyR,

When I dial 1-800-922-0204 from my mobile, I get Spanish language.  No idea

what the prompts are as I am not Spanish speaking.  This is the first time using

*611 or calling tech support for this account, so I do not believe that I set a language

preference 3 time previously (and I would not do that as I don't understand Spanish).

In any event of who, what where or why, I need to have the account preferences reset

to English.  Being a prepaid line, whenever I call tech support I immediately get

dumped into the same IVR system, which is not useful for me in Spanish.

0 Likes
joeld_vzw
Verizon Employee

We'll get to the bottom of this. We just sent you a private message. Please respond to the message we sent you.

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
msaxon2

Finally just visited the local Verizon store.  They corrected the issue.  Took them about 45 minutes working with their back-end team to correct the problem.  Amazing....

0 Likes
francof69

I have had the same problem for close to 2 years now!

Every time I call customer service I get prompts in Spanish. The agent assures me that they have fixed it and when I call again the next time, it's in Spanish again.

They told me I have to press * repeatedly to get someone on the line which works but is annoying.

I just got off the phone with a rep about a billing question. Then asked them to reset my language. I was told it was changed. I hung up and called again. Still in Spanish. 

I'm really frustrated. How difficult is it to fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Francof69, I certainly understand your frustration and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me how long has our system given you only Spanish options?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
verizoff

I've been having the same problem and have been in the store 3 times it's still not fixed.  If this does not get resolved I am going to small claims to end my contract.  It's been 6 months, 3 hours on the phone, and a store visit every month.  I have been logging the time and expenses incurred for small claims.   Can you actually fix it?  Last time I was told we made a ticket but don't know if/when it will get fixed.  I have recorded audio from my calls.  I even had my first 3 months bills in spanish.  

0 Likes
francof69

I can't remember the exact date it started. I don't know if the call history indicates the reasons I have called. You can check by looking at the logs. 

But yeah a long time - at least 2 years I think

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely regret how long you have been experiencing the issue with the spanish language, we want to ensure that your issue is addressed. We will send you a private message in order to review more details about your account. VianeyP_VZW

0 Likes