8+7 plan hotspot restrictions?
NMBob
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! I bought one of the iPhone SE's that have resurfaced from Apple (they suddenly stopped selling them in Sep 2018) mostly with the intention of using it as a hotspot. Currently I can see the 8GB+7 bonus GBs per month for $35 plan. It says it supports mobile hotspotting, but I can't find any fine print about speed or quantity restrictions when tethering. There's usually some kind of restriction -- for some unknown reason. I don't need that much hotspot data, but I'm not going to watch any GBs of anything on a screen that small. 🙂 Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 8+7 plan hotspot restrictions?
mama23dogs
Legend

Metered plans have no hotspot restrictions.   You can use the entire amount at what ever full speed your local towers provide.   

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

Metered plans have no hotspot restrictions.   You can use the entire amount at what ever full speed your local towers provide.   

NMBob
Enthusiast - Level 1

Excellent! I signed up. Now I just have to figure out why they (the website) only wants $30 next/per month, instead of more. Thanks!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Should be $45 a month unless it's 2nd line

0 Likes
NMBob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an older "Verizon" iPad that has a $20/1GB/30day plan. I guess that doesn't exist any more. Today I added a new iPhone SE, but had no idea the iPad was going to get involved. I guess this phone is a second line, but now it looks like I will have to pay $55 to keep them all going. I really don't want to use the iPad that way, expecially with just 1GB/mo. I usually only turn it on for a month when I'm going somewhere. AND I'd like to transfer the SIM card to a new 10.5" iPad I bought, but the site says the new iPad is not elegible for the same $20 plan. I'll have to call them and get it all rearranged. Thanks for the answer! Now I can surf in peace, and more importantly, get my Bose speaker system on line. You have to have an Internet connection to set it up and make adjustments. Dumb. 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NMBob, thank you for signing up. Your business is greatly appreciated. Accurate charges are important, so we would be happy to assist with your billing concerns. We will need more details about this situation. Please check your Private Messages on this platform for additional assistance. DavidC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes