Re: Time is wrong today, my LG G3 did not automatically update to daylight saving time
SarahBeddow
Enthusiast - Level 3

As soon as I get to Seattle the time changes to one hour off – and in settings it is switched to Alaska Daylight Time.  It is a tower in near the stadiums that is doing this.

Re: Time is wrong today, my LG G3 did not automatically update to daylight saving time
Seattlerockgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I like how Verizon has not yet replied to me, and I started this thread. I'm having the issue everywhere in Seattle. I live in Magnolia & work right downtown. So I think the culprit is more than one cell tower. It's keeping time unless I switch back to the automatic time zone, when it then flips me to Alaska.

reddougway
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, the silence is interesting. I work downtown and live in Capitol Hill and the only time my phone is correct is when I'm on WiFi at home. I thought it was fixed yesterday after work until I left home this morning to see that it wasn't.

reddougway
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, so I've restarted numerous times, disabled and re-enabled network data, changed network from global to the other options and back again, pulled my SIM card for a few minutes, and none of these have reliably fixed this.

Just now, I turned on airplane mode for about 5 minutes and then off and the time is correct for now. I'll let you all know if this sticks.

reddougway
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, it just reverted back to an hour behind, the same way it did when I pulled the SIM card.

reddougway
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I know.  I'm just the type of person that can't sit and wait for a fix when I hear nothing from those who are there to supply the information.  I'm a tech lead on a client services team for a tech company, so it's in my blood to try and figure  out problems and help people.  Smiley Happy

SarahBeddow
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's super annoying - the problem is confounded by poor customer service and terrible internal communication.  Last time this happened they replaced my phone.  I told them - it's not my phone - but they had a check list - new phone, new battery, new sim card, check settings, reboot, blah blah blah - and I love the "its not a known issue" response!   I'm trying to help by pin pointing the bad towers - but it's really maddening.

and btw doug- I'm a recruiter.....how you doin'?

DaveInIndy
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 3 keeps switching to Central time zone. I'm an hour away from the transition area in Indiana, not even close. Restarting sets time correctly then it changes again within minutes. Doesn't matter if I'm connected to my home network or away just using cell towers. Clock settings are for auto. Really Verizon? Never happened before on this phone.

h20745
Enthusiast - Level 2

The time on the VERIZON NETWORK in SEATTLE is NOT correct! Someone needs to fix this. We are on Pacific Standard Time zone. I have unchecked the automatic network and automatic time zone. The widget and phone time do not match. This is a serious problem for maintaining accurate timestamps and calendar. Please fix!! It has been 3 days now. It is 2015. I have a Note 3.

h20745
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.