Re: Trade In credit issue with new customer
brandy23

Hello, 

I am in a similar situation, we switched to Verizon from another carrier for the same deal, we have called and used the chat option many times, we can never get through, people on the phone pretend they can no longer hear us even though we can hear them clearly, then they hang up saying they will call back with a better connection. They call back but hang up as soon as we answer so we are never able to talk. People on the chat can offer no help other than looking at your account and tell you everything that you can already see yourself on your online profile. After months of this we finally were able to talk to someone, they supposedly processed the trade in request and sent confirmation emails for the trade -in request but we still have not seen any of the credits issued on our bill. We have been dealing with this issue since January 2022 and eight months later still have no solution. 

#worstcustomerservice

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want all of customers that qualify for an offer to be able to get it, brandy23. We have sent you a Private Message, we want to see what we can do to help.

-Steven

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey on my account I have the $800.00 device trade in promo on it as I see the monthly bill is cheaper with that device trade in promo credit on it as it makes the monthly payment on the phone I have be cheaper than what it would be per month so I am a happy satisfied customer, I will be making a discussion about it to let others know how happy I am to see it reflect the monthly balance of my bill,

0 Likes
bradk_40
Enthusiast - Level 3

@crystalct1  I made an discussion saying this I am happy to be receiving the trade in device promo credit on my account as it reflects the monthly amount of the monthly bill to let it be less than what it would be, this is a positive discussion to let you all know what a happy and satisfied customer I am, the trade in device promo credit was done on iPhone 13 regular as I traded in an iPhone 12 regular from a different carrier, I had got it unlocked before I traded it in, on my account where the bills are at, I see in the billing description the number of monthly credits are at as it shows the number of 36 monthly trade in device promo credits at, so I am a happy customer, thank you so much Verizon for that, I am so glad to not be having to complain about it at all, and if I was to trade in my current device I have which is 13 pro max as I traded in the 13 regular, I am still glad to see that trade in device promo credit on my account to help me save on those monthly bills, I see if I was to do an early upgrade once half of the amount is paid on the phone without keeping it for those 36 months that I'd lose the credit and I'd have to start all over of paying more than what I currently have to pay, cause I sure like to upgrade when it comes to an early upgrade knowing me, 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, bradk_40.  I appreciate that so much, thank you šŸ˜. Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. *Emina 

0 Likes
SaraS4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem, and it is MADDENING! I purchased a phone at Best Buy on our Verizon account only because there was a promotion that gave a $400 credit (confirmed by Best Buy rep as applicable to the phone being traded in). It's been 5 months of me contacting, and then re-contacting, and then contacting Verizon again. Hours of my life lost. I swear it's intentional. Every call you need to start at square one - even if I reference the previous call (date, Customer Service rep name, and outcome reached) and the promo code. And the reps move painfully slow. A conversation that should take 10 minutes max, is 45 minutes at minimum. You're not able to get to a manager, either. On my 5th call/chat today - I spent 60 minutes on the line, and for my efforts, there was no resolution. I waited an extra 20 minutes to speak with a manager, and when I was transferred, they sent me to AMC+ customer service (the streaming service!!), who sent me back to start all over with Verizon in....you guessed it, square one. AGAIN.

We switched to Verizon in January from AT&T, because their customer service is atrocious. Sadly, Verizon's is worse. This can only be seen as a breach of contract, so at this point - I'll just look to have my contract negated, give the phone back (bought under false advertising), and find another provider.

FRUSTRATING!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, SaraS24. It's important you get the promotion when eligible, so I understand your concern about the time spent trying to resolve it. We would be saddened if you went elsewhere and can check what's happening. Please check your private messages for more info. -Tracy

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes