Most incompetent customer service I have ever seen
rd211
Enthusiast - Level 1

We switched to Verizon 2 years ago due to the poor and, honestly, nasty customer service at our previous carrier.  Verizon was everything I had hoped for - polite, competent and thorough.  What happened?

My son went to a store on January 2 to find out why his phone would not update - reasonable question.  They couldn't figure out the issue so they suggested he call customer service for a replacement phone.  He has been on the phone with them every day since - it is now January 13 and the problem is still not resolved.  And, they are now charging my account for his free replacement phone.  

All of the promises and assurances that they were resolving the issue were simply empty.  The reps also live in fear of poor ratings and try to get you to ensure them that you will not rate them down.  While they say they record calls, the reps refuse to go back and review when requested.  My son has received a different answer from everyone he has spoken to.  And now I am being for the phone - that Verizon OFFERED as the solution to the issue.  I have no idea how I am going to resolve this particular issue.

I am beyond frustrated.  And so is my son.  

What happened.  Verizon customer service was terrific.  Now it is beyond incompetent.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Most incompetent customer service I have ever seen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! I'm sorry to read that you have issues with the replacemnt phone, but I will gladly assist you. In order to proceed I will send you a private note.

>Karen

0 Likes
rd211
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for responding.  We were able to get the issue resolved, providing my son receives his cleaner phone.  So let me make sure the community sees that indeed we had a very positive resolution.

I am not sure what went so wrong with his experience.  I called 611 and he called the 800 number provided by the store.  Our experiences were as different as night and day.  I received the friendly, professional and thorough service that I switched to Verizon for.  It was wonderful.  My son, not so much...

Thank you so much for responding.  I will read and respond to your message when I am able to find it.

Thank you!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad you received the kind and attentive support you expect and deserve from Verizon, rd211! Please, let us know if we can be of further asssitance! We're her for you!

*Chance

0 Likes