Re: What was the forum like before lollipop?
mama23dogs
Legend

40+ years of neglect will do that....

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I pay 50% less for the same coverage on BCBS that I would have to pay double for, for the same coverage if I was on Obamacare AKA ACA and then bought BCBS.  Grandfathered in.  If I lose that, then I will let the rest of the country pay for me.  I do however, pay taxes on my BCBS policy to help those without.  So...I still pay for other people's free healthcare.  You're welcome supporters of the person in charge of raising my life expenses to accommodate the communistic regime.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Snn5 wrote:

You're welcome supporters of the person in charge of raising my life expenses to accommodate the communistic regime.

If you looked at the policy before and after you'll find out that the idea actually came from Republicans.  It was introduced in it exact form during the JFK, and also the Reagan Administration.  It didn't get as much fanfare as it does today.  Also Mitt Romney if he was elected we'd have the same thing. If you listened to some of his speeches he was asking for the same amount of money without saying what it was for as soon as he got into office.  I didn't vote for Obama, but he wasn't as bad as the other 2 major people he ran against.

I will say it now if Jeb or Trump end up in office I am deporting myself cause stuff is going to hit the fan!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I just appreciate being able to afford health care at cost and not being turned away for any pre-existing conditions.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Glad I could help.  But, the same coverage on ACA would be 2x more than my private BCBS.  Yes, I could have a 2500-7500 dollar deductible for chicken scratch, but no....no I don't think so.  I'll stick to my $500 deductible.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Not sure what you did, but thanks.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Why do you think ACA is "affordable?"  Because people like me pay an increase to cover the subsidies.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The decrease in monthly premium is what makes it affordable, and the laws behind it make it so I can't be denied.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

for ANY reason =P

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Affordable for you.  Less so for me.

0 Likes