What was the forum like before lollipop?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I have to wonder, what were the complaints before the lollipop update? It seems like the primary complaints now are how the lollipop update ruined phones and caused premature male baldness and how there is a lack of coverage which may or may not be caused by the lollipop update. What did people inquire about before this lollipop fiasco?

Labels (1)
Re: What was the forum like before lollipop?
Tidbits
Legend

That the updates for lollipop were taking to long and that carriers were withholding updates. ABC update should fix DEF problem and said carrier should push it out already because GHI country pushed it out and doesn't have problems... I know I am missing a few.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was the same as before KitKat, before Ice Cream Sandwich, before Gingerbread, before FroYo, and before Eclair. Pretty much the same. Smiley Happy

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

People wanting the update, people hating the update. What a vicious cycle.

Snn5
Legend

I had noticed that if there is an update with fewer issues, that the complaints wane a bit in that respect sooner and that the complaints and issues revolve around customer service, signal issues, and general operational issues rather than OS version-specific problems.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would certainly say those are the top 4 issues. What I don't understand is why there isn't standard threads; or maybe there is, for things like signal issue. The steps are always the same, but usually signal issues have customer service issues built in I suppose. It's still like a merry go round being powered by a motorcycle tire - crazy YouTube video.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, signal issues may be a common thing with a common fix, and sometimes different devices have a different resolution process, but still I think it's mainly the same.  That goes for OS updates, resets, and all manner of software-related problems.  I would differentiate Apple and Android (Windows and Blackberry too) and keep a sticky thread for common issues, however, this platform doesn't work like Android Central or XDA or the rest.

Agreed, it seems we all deal with posts of various attitude and answer the same questions with different words many times over be they billing, plan changes, device issues of all manner, troubleshooting, ranting, raving, scamming, customer service, rumors, arguments, personal jabs....all these things daily.

Does it get old?  Yeah, so we take a break.  We come back either like nothing changed in our absence or like the entire forum will be re-invented and be the platform of our dreams with organization and efficiency, new questions about new devices, exciting topics and all that other.

In the end, it's a habit for some, a last stop for help for others, some strange Verizon-related social connection outlet for others.  The Community is what it is until it ceases to be what it was.

ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

It is funny you ask that because I had been wondering that myself.  I am new to the Verizon community and Lollipop was the only reason I registered to use it back in April.  However, I decided to just browse the forums the last few weeks and found it is all the same but with a different subject.  Yet, I also browsed the ATT and found a similar vibe, so it does not really matter where you go...problems will always exist.

The one thing I did notice a little different though was that it seems that some of the Verizon commenters have a bad habit of bashing other commenters ... I was even bashed a few times for no reason.  I may not have looked hard enough but it did seem less bashing occurred on the ATT forum.  Nonetheless, Verizon does have several helpful commenters and they do make the experience a very good one.

stef7
Master - Level 2

In some ways, the complaints are the same. However, I think with the changes to the low-level cache, the bump from KK to Lollipop has been particularly hard on people that didn't follow good practice of performing a backup and a FDR before taking the update, then installing, and possibly another post-update FDR. I don't think the latter was necessary, as I believe plenty of people have indicated success just performing the prior to upgrade FDR.

mama23dogs
Legend

I think the fuss over lollipop is quieting down.  I would like the Port credit and Verizon Edge questions to quiet down.

I think Verizon has done a good job explaining how the Edge plan works to customers.  Overall, well advertised, few complaints and little confusion. 

I Can't say the same for port credits.  They are poorly advertised, requirements are not always clearly stated.     Start and end dates are not clear.  I have read outside adds with wrong information.   By the time most customers are complaining about the missing bill credits, it's too late. 

The adds should be clear before customers initiate a port.   Terms for bill credits should be printed on sales slips so customers know when, how much and if they qualified.   Same if they qualify for rebate by gift card.

BTW.  Lollipop installed on 2 of my androids with no problems.  I love the interface.