Upgrade Fee being charged by Verizon
mtcpfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who would like to join me in a complaint that Verizon is charging a $30 upgrade fee.  They sent me a notice telling me I was eligible for an EXTRA $50 discount because my phone is so old (2 years) and then during checkout, they tried to tag me with a $30 upgrade fee!  Ridiculous.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Fee being charged by Verizon
phylodog

I just registered to log the same complaint.  I've been waiting for a couple of months to upgrade my Droid X because it's been acting up.  I was told there was a $20 fee if I upgraded early so I waited.  I called today to upgrade and was told there is a $30 upgrade fee even though I qualified for the 2 year upgrade.

I've been a very loyal and happy customer with Verizon for a very long time.  Apparently they have decided to start pulling the same ridiculous crap that other carriers do and begin treating their customers like idiots.  $50 off on a phone and then turn around and take $30 back for some mystery "fee"?  Give me a break.

Not all of your customers are morons.  If you don't want the business just say so.  At least there is some dignity in that.  It would certainly be better than dying the slow death of pissing everyone off and watching your corporation wither.  You can bet I'll be looking at the other carriers pretty closely when my contract is up.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is an existing discussion already ongoing. You can post your thoughts there.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/771728

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

See the existing discussion already in progress.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/771728

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Balcoky

Kinda makes me feel like I bought those cheap toilet wipes that contain alcohol. Walk away with a burning sensation. They told me EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT. Heard that when my kids were teenagers, got the T-shirt. Pissed me off then, pisses me off now. No I haven't upgraded. Agitates me that I am paying so much money to use 2 original Droid phones but it may be the camel that take me over the hump to a cheaper carrier. Makes me think why do I really care if Verizon has the largest coverage area. I only care about the coverage area where I live for the most part. I one of these cheaper phones can do that I may keep a basic Verizon phone for travel, see what Walmart has when I travel or explore other possibilites. I'm tired of talking to people when I'm on vacation anyway. How much is that phone from AARP. Like $10 a month for 200 min and it has Nation Wide coverage. Should work for road side service when I'm out of my area.

0 Likes
jei1013

I was in the store today ready to buy two new droids and after I was told about the upgrade charge I ended up walking out.  When is this trend of adding on fee on top of fee going to end?  The phones barely last two years and you are forced into buying something new.

0 Likes