Time changed back 1 hour last night?
Art_in_MT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last night my Verizon phone (android) set back 1 hour. Android tablet on my home network and PC's did NOT set back. Anyone else seeing this? I live in Missoula MT.

This WEBSITE is also showing the wrong time: this message says it was "last autosaved at 03:17 AM" but the rest of the world thinks its 4:17 am.

This could mess with people using their phone as an alarm clock.

0 Likes
Re: Time changed back 1 hour last night?
Art_in_MT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind. I rebooted a second time, and it corrected itself. Someone fixed something....

(I can't find a way to delete this message?)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I posted your question on a public forum. The design of the forum doesn't allow deleting of the posts after they have been created. 

PS you should have posted this question in the Verizon Wireless Services General section of the forum. The Off-Topic Lounge is intended for topics not related to Verizon Wireless and cellular services. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Philm51

Understanding how wireless networks get their time is helpful in understanding why the time might change erratically in your device.

Wireless towers used to employ a time device (for lack of a better word) to provide synchronization of system time throughout the network of devices,  That is becoming less and less true.

Now, wireless systems are utilizing GPS time retrieved from a orbiting satellite.  However, the service provider may only have one or two sources for retrieving this GPS time within its network. It is possible for one of the GPS Time Servers to be outside of your time zone in which case, the time network is supposed to readjust the time to the current offset within your time zone.

Rarely does this occur but it is possible.

0 Likes