Phishing alert - verizonbonus.com
astrobrewer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a robo-call a couple hours ago saying that verizon is offering a $100 bonus and to go to verizonbonus.com to get it.  I was just going to ignore it, but then found out that two other members of my family who are on my family share plan both also received the same call.  I checked the whois registration of verizonbonus.com and found that it is a new domain name that was just registered in the last 24 hours to a "Phuc Do" in Sunnyvale, CA.  I also took a look at the verizonbonus.com web site and it looks just like the verizonwireless.com web site except that it has a box on the left side of the main window that says "Login now to get your $100 discount; Please fill all the field correctly" and asks for cell phone number, password and billing PIN.  The graphics and layout all come from verizonwireless.com, but the form data gets submitted to verizonbonus.com. 

This is clearly a phishing scam.  Not sure who to report this to, but hopefully someone from Verizon reads this message board and takes some action.  Most disturbing is how they got my verizon wireless phone number as well as other vzw phone numbers on my account. 

verizonbonus.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phishing alert - verizonbonus.com
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for reporting this.  It does appear to be a scam to get your log in and billing info...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing this, astrobrewer! I can confirm that this is a phishing scam. It was reported to Verizon Wireless recently, and has been forwarded to our security team for review and resolution. Please do NOT log into verizonbonus.com.

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Stressedmom62

I got the call tonight from phone number 303-731-3432 out of Aurora, Co. it said to log into myverizoncash.com  I went to the website and it looked very much like the verizon website but I did not give it any information.

0 Likes