Re: I cut the cord
Snn5
Legend

Might try one one day.  I cast most everything from the Internet via PC to CC.  If I can see it in a Chrome browser page, I can see it on the TV.  Plus, my phone is never far away from me anyway, which also casts.  And, I have a TV remote for the TV, which changes channels.  So, I probably have enough entertainment gadgets lying about.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

And I thought I was an electronic nut. I don't have a TV in my bathroom. Though I do like the Roku, minus the fact that it is extremely glitchy at times. Most electronics are getting too fancy for me these days. At one point I had 4 different ways to watch Netflix on the TV depending on which device I wanted to use. It would be nice to consolidate.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I did go to a friend's who had a Roku.  It was paused for 5 min, came back, froze up, restarted the thing, took 5 min to reboot, then find the show again.  That 5 min pause cost 10 min extra.....I suppose rewinding would have been a better idea.  I'm not sure what generation or model Roku it was.  I only saw a purple box.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That sounds exactly like both of mine, I have...the middle of the road ones. 2? I'm not even sure. They get hotter than the dickens too. I've on occasion had to unplug them and leave them completely off in order for them to boot back up. I'd say 5 minutes ish is the average and sometimes it boots up once and then does it all over again.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Purple!   I think that's a really old Roku.  i have a 2 and an XD. The XD is HDMI only and has earbuds for listening without bothering others.  I also have really good internet.

i Have an Apple TV and Chromecast, but never use them.  I also have my Mac mini hooked to the flat screen.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Put it in as a joke.  But I can listen to pandora or put the news on, so it stayed.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Someone revived this old thread with a ‘like’.  4 years later, lots of changes.  I added DirecTV NOW for $35 and then dumped it when it hit $50.   That’s too much to spend when 25% is commercials.  Still have the TV in the bathroom.  1/2 decadence, 1/3 night light/clock, 1/6 actually use as a TV.