Ever wondered what coverage might be best in your area?
Tidbits
Legend

http://opensignalmaps.com/

I am not sure how accurate this is.  Where I live it's pretty accurate, but then again I live on an island, and everything seems to be up and up especially in my areas of travel within Hawaii(Oahu).  Anyone want to check and compare, and based on own experiences check it out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ever wondered what coverage might be best in your area?
B33
Legend

Well i think this is a Good App:  However when i clicked on the Tower selection it Couldn't bring up the 4G Towers in any area's i'm a summing it's because it's still in Beta Form.. But it still Shows Quite a bit Thanks Tidbits..

Here is the One i used but it's still needs work as Well..

http://www.sensorly.com/

0 Likes
Not applicable

Completely fubars my area. If you go by that I have no coverage. Let me check. Yep 4 bars indoors. Oh and apparently we have no towers within 50 miles of us either. The other app B33 posted isn't much better either. I find Verizon's own maps to be the best. Although I wish they indicated signal strength like at&t's map does.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Brian68 wrote:

Completely fubars my area. If you go by that I have no coverage. Let me check. Yep 4 bars indoors. Oh and apparently we have no towers within 50 miles of us either. The other app B33 posted isn't much better either. I find Verizon's own maps to be the best. Although I wish they indicated signal strength like at&t's map does.

I believe this is based off of where people tested it, and also where people lists where the towers are.  I know Verizon towers are correct in Hawaii.  I help put them up a long while back for GTE before Verizon bought them out.  Though Sprint should have an extra tower or two as they just recently went up(One near my house with a craptastic placement thanks to the neighborhood board as usual). 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

On the Computer it isn't that Great but if it's used on the Phone it does Yield Better Results. But No Map is Going to be 100% accurate..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've mentioned this site before:

http://www.cellreception.com/

not sure how accurate it is overall? near my office and house though, it's pretty accurate. it links you to the carrier sites for coverage maps and has the towers pinned on google maps, but i don't know how current it is nationwide. i can tell you that the ratings for phoenix are spot on, based on my experience with our family's service, and all my my friends out here that use other services. i find these sites fun to use now and then, but honestly, i travel, so i don't need any ratings, stats, or sites to know that verizon will give me the best overall coverage, hands down. i definitely haven't stayed with them for 12 years because of their prices!!!! lol

0 Likes