Bye bye Verizon.
sillysarah614
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please tell me how this makes sense.

It's my 21st birthday, and my sweet grandma took me to Verizon to get a new iPhone 4S off of HER own plan. She's been a customer for 13 years and has had the same super basic plan of paying 20 dollars a month. She's been eligible for an upgrade for a very long time and doesn't plan on getting a new phone. Sweet right?

We go to Verizon and the stupid salesworker says that she's only eligible for a basic phone upgrade because "they wouldn't be making enough profit" if they were to let her upgrade to a smartphone. 20 dollars a month for 13 years is a little over 6000 dollars of her money that has gone to this stupid company, so she should be able to by 5 iPhones and they would still make profit.

Can anyone explain to me how this makes sense? Now you definitely won't be making profit because you've lost a customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bye bye Verizon.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you realize that you posted this in the off-topic lounge?  Can you please copy and paste your concerns as a new "Discussion" in a section of the community more suited for your topic?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
o6richter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is only allowing normal customers to post to the off topic lounge.  They control what is posted where, which makes alot of the testimonies published under each phone in the reviews suspect, as I own the phone and have service and can not post in it's group.

Anything new ends up here.

As for the original post - I had 4 phones (3 "normal" phones and one smart phone) and dropped one of the "normal" phones that was no longer being used off my contract   They told me I could add it back at any time.  You might consider a "normal" phone like the casio g'zone - it is reasonably rugged and packs many features, but is not a $65/mo smartphone.  Here in california on a family plan it can be added for $10 + tax or $11.24/mo.   All of my phones are grouped in a family share plan and share a common pool of minutes.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Off-topic is meant for things not related to wireless phones and services!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes