new wireless extender failure
andrewdygert

I cannot get my lte wireless extender to move past the "connecting to SeGW server" bit. 

i have fast enough internet.  it connects to all the satellites.  

my computer is an asus chromebook. no windows firewall. can anyone help ???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: new wireless extender failure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

andrewdygert, an Extender is an important accessory to keep you connected in certain locations. We are here to work toward a resolution. Please provide the upload and download speeds available at the location. To confirm, do you have the model shown on the following web page https://www.verizon.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-basics/? 

0 Likes
ssprill
Contributor - Level 2

Im sure you have this resolved.  I was having the same problem the Askey sfe-116 LTE Extender.  Support had to add the "MAC" number on the back of the unit into my account.  I reset to factory specs using a paperclip to push in the small spot on the back of the unit.  The whole reset process took about 10 minutes and the unit went active.

THIS UNIT WILL GET THIS ERROR IF YOU ARE ON A PREPAID ACCOUNT.  IT ONLY WORKS ON A POST PAID ACCOUNT AND AS OF TODAY YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS INFO IN THEIR USER MANUAL, ON THE WEB SITE OR ANYWHERE ELSE.  I LEARNED THE HARD WAY.  SUPPORT HAS NOT PLACE TO ADD THE MAC ID ON A PREPAID ACCOUNT.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out, we want to make sure your extender is working for you. Where did you purchase the extender from? Have you tried disconnecting it from power, waiting a full minute, and then plugging it back in again?

0 Likes