Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
network extender
dfelts

My call starts out very good. after talking for a while people I'm talking with say my call is breaking up and its hard to hear me. They can hang up and call back and the call is good for several minutes and then does the same thing. anyone else have this issue or any suggestions on a fix.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, dfelts. We're more than happy to assist you, have you been able to complete a speed test on your wifi connection recently? This can affect the quality of your calls. 

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
zamboni89
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issue. seems to be getting worse lately. had no issue until about a month ago

0 Likes
evelynr_vzw
Verizon Employee

zamboni89 Making sure that you have a reliable connection is always our goal. Our Network Extender is an excellent device, and I want to make sure that you enjoy it. Please keep in mind that when you’re connected to your network extender, your calls are using your Wi-Fi/internet connection to make the call. What’s the model of your Network Extender? When did this begin? Have you made any recent changes to your Wi-Fi settings or connections? Share details. We are here to help you.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
aestevez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same issues with mine. Ive had it for a few months and it was working fine fine for my phone as well as 3 other phones in the house. All of a sudden it is not working for anyone. the device is not reporting any issues at all. I also tried turning up the transmit power to 100% with no noticeable difference.  I have checked my fire wall on my router which seems to be fine and on the admin site for the extender it shows all things being reachable. I even disabled the firewall temporarily to ensure that wasn't the issue. The only thing that worked temporarily (less than one day) was a factory reset? I need this resolved ASAP, we dont have a lan line and without the extender we dont get enough signal in or around our house to place calls or send text messages.

zamboni89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have checked my connections. No issue. I have 2 different other voip devices / services  that have no issues. All voip tools that I have run show no issue with jitter or packet drops. my internet speed is 350MB down and 30MB up, so bandwidth is not an issue. Just this worthless extender that is needed because Verizon has dead spots within major cities. Hard to cut the cord when you can not rely on the wireless service.

I too have tried increasing my transmit power to 100% with no change in quality. Needs to get fixed!!

0 Likes
zamboni89
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zamboni89,

We absolutely get the importance of having the best available call quality so we appreciate the information you've shared with us so far. Our goal is to help determine what's going on. Is the connection issue occurring with more than one device that connects to the extender? What model phone(s) are you using? What's the model number from the network extender you're using?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zamboni89
Enthusiast - Level 1

no more than 2 devices attached at any given time, most times only one. I have the Samsung 4g extender, software version is 3.1.1.00

0 Likes
colinh_vzw
Verizon Employee

zamboni89,

You have been very thorough with your steps, I want to thank you for being a great partner while we work to address this. I want to gain clarity on one thing: you stated that you have other VoIP devices that work on this network extender and it is just your smartphone that is having the issue, do I have that correct? Are the other devices smartphones, and if so what make and model are they? What make and model is your smartphone?

I ask this because if multiple devices are connecting and functioning without issue, but your device seems to be having intermittent audio issues, it may be a problem with your device (or it's connection) rather than the extender, which you have indicated is reporting no issues when reviewing troubleshooting steps.

Colin H_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes