Re: iphone 12 not connecting to network extender
bgmason

It's an older 3G verizon extender.  The 3G and 4G phones connect with no problem, my new 12 does not at all.  I think I used Wifi calling yesterday evening, and worked, however, I'm not receiving texts that are not imessage, and cannot send texts that are not imessage due to not on the extender.  My mother has the same extender, and lives 1/2 mile from my house.  My phone does not work there either other than wifi and imessage.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get to the bottom of this ASAP! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can continue. MoniqueH_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be equally concerned if I had that kind of signal and service at my home.  The info provided earlier is the exact problem with some locations.  There are things out of our control, and those things can cause a signal issue for small areas.  I will check for any open alerts in your area, and I also recommend utilizing WiFi calling.  This way you able to make calls over your WiFi network, at your home: https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/  To activate it, the info is found at question 2 under "General Information."  What is your zip code?

0 Likes
Mansam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the 12 Pro & I also have the 4G Extender. It worked before with my Iphone 8 but not with 12Pro. I've gone into settings of my phone & turned off 5G & it's on LTE but it still won't recognize my phone. The GPS antenna is showing Strong but won't recognize my iPhone 12 Pro. Help?

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

It is obvious they wont work together, the 5g phones and the extenders we now own.  I would be willing to buy a new extender if that is what it would take and am hoping Verizon is going to have one made.

0 Likes
Frustratedcustomer31

I’m having the same issue with the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I get zero coverage at home. My LTE network extender says 7/7 satellites connected and 0/14 devices connected. The phone will not connect to the extender, and there’s no way to do it manually.

Verizon’s advice to “wait 3 minutes and try again” doesn’t work. I’ve been sitting next to the extender for 3 days straight, not going beyond a 5ft radius, and it still won’t connect. Can someone please help me get signal here so I can go get some food? I’m starving.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mansam, we understand the importance of having a phone that you can rely on to use while indoors. Randys12, had a great point about the LTE extender working on a 5G device. Until a 5G extender is available for sale or rental to use, any 5G will constantly have issues even with the Antenna being plugged in. You've done all that you can do on your end. At this point, waiting on the 5G Extender would be the next best move.

-TakendraW_VZW 

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Support, please ask your management if they are aware of this issue and realize a new extender has to be built.  Also,  if you know, what are the numbers or %  of Verizon customers who rely on the extenders we are discussing?  Is it small enough of a group that building a new extender that will work with 5G could be many months or over a year down the road?  As in not a priority.

I appreciate your attention to us here, support.  But this phone thing is so big it could play in to whether we continue to live here or not.  So these answers are critically important, not that we have the answer "today" but soon would be good.

And why my Wi-Fi calling is so spotty is beyond me.  I have comcast, 600/20 speeds, their gateway router, and 8 minutes into a call using WiFi calling it disconnects.  This has nothing to do with Verizon I assume, but I would love to hear if others who have both Verizon and Comcast have the same issue.  When I used WiFi calling I unplugged the extender, or when I did it that was the case.  So it isnt the interference that is likely from the extender or 4G signal.

0 Likes
Mansam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply VZ. I have had the 4G Extender on loan to my account for my office & other Realtors. Should I just return it to Verizon? And if so, how & where. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
jennever

Iphone12 doesn’t connect automatic to the extender unless I press airplane mode off and on. 

also my iPhone 11 doesn’t have any issues connecting to the extender. 

0 Likes