Re: iphone 12 not connecting to network extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@wynton wrote:

It turns out I do have a 3G network extender, so I guess that's the problem.

Now I'm wondering whether the wi-fi calling is superior (in terms of coverage) than a network extender anyway.  Have to decide whether to buy a newer network extender

My son and daughter-in-law in northern Vermont have a 4G LTE Network Extender to enhance cell service in and around their house and embedded Air BNB rental.  They have Comcast internet service and always use WiFi calling on their Android and iPhone phones.  When walking out of the house the cell signal from the extender exceeds the WiFi range provided by their router so they get a strong 4G signal when beyond WiFi range.  They haven't reported any issues with WiFi calling and are both educators with remote instruction/calls/videos regularly.  Having the network extender provides the cell signal for anyone visiting who doesn't use WiFi calling.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
MichaelM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot speak to any 3G/CDMA extenders, but I want to share for everyone having issues. There is something wrong with Verizon's configuration they are push to their 4G/LTE extenders. This was confirmed by the fact that on 11/18 they fixed 1 of 3 Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender for Enterprise (Model: SLS-BU102). They are now as of 11/19 (this post) working to resolve the 2 remaining units. Anyone having issues should reference VzW Ticket# NRB000010348603. So, they can figure out what their engineers have done to fix the issues. I administer the 3 units for a large regional office for my company.

On my iPhone 12 Pro Max I have both physical and eSIM activated on Verizon. Which per Apple documentation means I will not be able us 5G and am forced into LTE only state; until I disable one of the lines. These same lines work on 11/12 on an iPhone 11 Pro Max with the same 3 extenders.

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

What is physical?  In this statement

On my iPhone 12 Pro Max I have both physical and eSIM activated on Verizon

And Apple says you cant use 5G for what reason?  Thanks

0 Likes
twisdom3329

I'm having the same issue with my new iphone, did you ever get it to work?

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

This is why I havent bought iPhone 12 yet.  Sounds like they wont work with extender.

I will just hope it works eventually I guess.

0 Likes
MichaelM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

that is fine, because there is no 5G coverage or LTE coverage so I am forced to use LTE network extender (aka mini cell tower) to provider coverage. Currently there are no known approved 5G cellular network extender. 

The 'physical' is reference to the physical SIM. The reason I point out both line are Verizon and not connect is to eliminating the age old 'oh it is the SIM card' as the cause it needs to be swapped. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn you are having the same issues too, twisdom3329. Let's get this resolved. 

Just to clarify, do you have the iPhone 12? Also, do you have a 3G Network Extender, or a 4G Network Extender? Please elaborate. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

I am confused, MichaelM1, are you saying your iPhone 12 will not work with your 4G LTE network extender?

are you able to turn 5G off on the iPhone 12?  

googling this question says you can turn the 5G off, if you are saying you have done that and are still unable to access the extender this would be important information for the rest of us

0 Likes
bgmason

I am having same issue.  Customer Support, can you help me know how to get around this?  There is no service at my house, however, with our older extender, my wife and daughter's phones connect with no problem.  Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Do you know if you have a 3G Network extender? It looks like that was the problem for some other users on this thread. Also, have you tried Wi-Fi Calling? If so, how is the signal for you? ScottD_VZW

0 Likes