iPhone X not connecting to Samsung Network Extender 2
zratis

Hi All, I have a Samsung Network Extender 2 and it will not allow my iPhone X to connect.  The phone has Voice & Data on - LTE, VoLTE On, Romaing Voice & Data on as well.  I'm not sure why it isn't connecting.  The admin page for the Extender shows zero connected devices.  

Our other iPhone 7 is also not connected.  When I initially set up the extender, my iPhone X connected right away.  Then when I moved the extender into a less conspicuous location in the house, I repowered it and it went back into "in service" mode as it is now.

I'm not sure what's going on and if anyone can point us in the right direction it would be really great.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X not connecting to Samsung Network Extender 2
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Which model do you have, SLS-BU102, SLS-BU103 or SLS-BU10B?  Have you tried connecting to the extender's home page and check settings/statuses?   What to the lights on the device show?  Have any other mfr/model phones tried connecting?

What if you move the extender back to the original working location to see if it works again?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
zratis

I have SLS-BU10B. The extender was just moved by 2 feet into a shelf and I moved it back to no avail - I replugged and restarted it successfully, but no phone coverage.  I logged into the extender admin page but there didn't seem to be any relevant settings, all seems normal on the extender side, it shows "in service" status message. This is quite strange. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the hassle this has caused as I know the importance of being able to stay connected in your home with the Extender. To confirm, have you attempted to restart the  Extender multiple times? Are each of the lights registering as solid blue?   YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

How is your GPS antenna connected or is it after the move?  On the Admin Webpage, what is the status of the GPS signal?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
zratis

I did not have to extend the GPS antenna, the extender status is 'in-service' so not sure what's going on.  On one day for a few minutes I was connected to the extender, then it dropped off again.  Again, nobody in the house is on the extender, so nothing makes sense because it isn't our phones and extender status is good.  A very big disappointment because this was my last chance of getting Verizon service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear that the issues persist with connecting to the network extender, zratis. We definitely don't want you to give up hope on getting service through this device and help is here. Are you having any issues with your home internet connection lately? Do you have Wi-Fi Calling turned on with any of your phones? This is how you can check to see if Wi-Fi Calling is enabled: http://spr.ly/66011MBOS If so, Wi-Fi Calling is not compatible with the network extender.

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes