Will Network Extender 2 boost home Wifi?
mitcharno
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all. Our home Wifi signal on the 3rd floor is not as solid as downstairs. We notice this on Zoom calls, etc. I just received a 4G Network Extender 2. I may be asking this question the wrong way but, will the Network Extender boost home Wifi? Or, is this device only used for cell service? Our cell phone service seems to be OK... Thanks so much! Mitch

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Will Network Extender 2 boost home Wifi?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@mitcharno wrote:

Hi all. Our home Wifi signal on the 3rd floor is not as solid as downstairs. We notice this on Zoom calls, etc. I just received a 4G Network Extender 2. I may be asking this question the wrong way but, will the Network Extender boost home Wifi? Or, is this device only used for cell service? Our cell phone service seems to be OK... Thanks so much! Mitch

No, the Network Extenders create a Network cell signal ONLY, not WiFi.  You would need an access point device to provide a wider WiFi  footprint.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

mitcharno
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much for the reply! Guess I need to now find a access point device...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@mitcharno wrote:

No, the Network Extenders create a Network cell signal ONLY, not WiFi.  You would need an access point device to provide a wider WiFi  footprint.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
mitcharno
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much for the reply! Guess I need to now find a access point device...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mitcharno,

I've been in a similar boat myself when it comes to the Wi-Fi signal not broadcasting to the further levels in my house, so I get what you're going through in terms of connection. Now, jav6 hit the nail on the head. The Network Extender is only going to assist you with your cell signal and improving the overall quality of your cell service while indoors (within the Wi-Fi range). So, the access points are going to be most helpful to boost your Wi-Fi range and therefore improve your cell service in those areas of your third floor where service hasn't been as stellar. 

As a reference, here is a great link for the Network Extender that provides many common questions and answers (http://spr.ly/6606GGtyu). Let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes