Re: Wifi Extender 2 stuck on 11a
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Do you know how to use Wi-Fi calling? Go into settings on your phone then go to phone then enable Wi-Fi calling, pretty sure any phone made in the last five years has this option. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

Do you know how to use Wi-Fi calling? Go into settings on your phone then go to phone then enable Wi-Fi calling, pretty sure any phone made in the last five years has this option. 

The phone needs to support Advanced Calling.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
DAMSIS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried WiFi calling over multiple years using flagship phones, never had a good experience which lead me to the extender which has been very solid when it's up.

randys12
Contributor - Level 1

I don’t know what advanced calling is please explain your comment because I have Wi-Fi calling

if you mean HD Calling that’s an older term and LTE enabled?

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

I have had issues also but wonder if they are connected to the Comcast gateway router I’m not sure

and originally I was told by someone to have Wi-Fi calling on and the extender working, but that is terrible advice you have to turn Wi-Fi calling off when you want extender to work at least that’s my experience

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

I don’t know what advanced calling is please explain your comment because I have Wi-Fi calling

On my Android moto Z4, Advanced Calling/HD Voice and Video Calling activates WiFi calling if I have WiFi turned on.  Without the Advanced Calling ON, WiFi calling is OFF, even with WiFi ON.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
GG48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I had searched this community earlier today!!  I also woke up to that same message on my extender & wasted most of my day trying everything that’s already been mentioned. I keep a phone line through my cable service because of the awful cell reception in my house, so I was able to reach customer service this morning. The agent knew less than me, asked me to do all the things I’d already done, then transferred me to a department that never answered. I tried repeatedly to phone again - no answer, for hours. Finally, via WiFi I was able to chat with an agent. Went through all the same steps AGAIN, then he finally told me they had several of the same complaints & that the company was working on it.  I could kick myself for wasting so much time, but I really thought it was something wrong on this end. Oh well😩

0 Likes
bkorek
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jav6,

I’m talking about the “Network Extender” firmware update that caused this problem. I was told by their Tier 2 Tech Support team. 

- Brian 

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

We don’t have a landline and our fireman son says we need one if we ever want an ambulance to find us. 

0 Likes
sam-the-gam
Enthusiast - Level 3

My LTE Network Extender 2 is also stuck at 11a in Monterey Park, CA 91754. Wi-Fi calling is on but the iPhone 11 Pro Max does not switch to using Wi-Fi calling because my signal with Verizon is marginal -115 dbm