Why is my Extender Sys Light Green?
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had a Samsung range extender with you guys since signing up many years ago, and it's worked well.  This morning, the sys light is green.  I've tried restarting it and it stays green.  Normally it's blue.  What can I do to fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Range Extender Sys Light is Green
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here.  Well, I'm not sure of the timing, but when I checked it before bed last night it was blue again, and it's still blue this morning.  Thanks for taking the time to comment. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RLSanders
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same story here, and same timing as to when the sys light changed to green from blue.

I did some research. It was difficult to find valid info--the official Verizon documentation doesn't even recognize that a green sys light is possible. But ultimately I found the following: The green light indicates a problem at Verizon's end that is causing the Network Extender to only provide 1X service, not the normal 3G. As a practical matter, this doesn't matter for me, since when I'm at home I'm going to be using wifi for anything that would require 3G instead of 1X. But since it does mean something is wrong at Verizon's end, it would be good to hear from a Verizon rep who knows what's going on.

RLSanders
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple of hours ago it went back to blue. I assume whatever was causing the problem was fixed.

0 Likes
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here.  Well, I'm not sure of the timing, but when I checked it before bed last night it was blue again, and it's still blue this morning.  Thanks for taking the time to comment. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RLSanders,

We want your network extender to work perfectly for you. When did it start showing the green system light? What zipcode is this in?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RLSanders
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm afraid you're joining the party after everyone had gone home. usmaak and I identified a problem at Verizon's end on March 16 that impacted our Network Extenders. 24 hours later we both noted that the problem was resolved. Now you're asking about it--but the problem no longer exists.

Thanks for asking though.

0 Likes
RHCEV3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is green now as well.  Also I moved a few months ago from zip 08094 to 19460 but no one aylt vzw call tell me how to update that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RHCEV3, ensuring that your network extender is working as expected is important, and we definitely want to ensure that the LED lights on your network extender are functioning. Help is here. I was not able to find any alerts for your area. When did you first notice the LED lights change to green? Besides moving, have you made any other changes to your account? Have you tried turning the network extender off, then back on? Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
RHCEV3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Eventualy cleared and went back to all 4 blue on its own. **REALLY** wish I could set the IP manually for the NE. While I have DHCP (dhcp server running on a 2U Cisco 3825 IOS 12.4) I do not generally use it and whenever possible try to use "static" DHCP by manually assigning a static IP for that MAC in my Cisco 3825. Based on what else is going on in my lab the DNS assigned to DHCP as well as thingsd like the gareway(s) change fromn time to time but never affects anything with a static IP which is 98% of the main internal network. Also assigning a static IP allows me to add different IOS ACL rules top open up additional things to/from that device which are not normally allowed past the Cisco at all.

0 Likes
heyjude797

Same issue here. Zip 28649. Does it typically return to blue?

0 Likes