Why do phones on my Network Extender show they are roaming?
zx900b
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently purchased a Samsung EVDO Network Extender.  When I tested it at our main house, it worked great with all of our Verizon devices.  When I moved it to our cabin (about 50 miles away) all of our Verizon devices saw it as a roaming tower.

The phones don't like to stay on roaming towers and the flopping back and forth between outside towers (poor signal) and inside micro-cell roam causes chaos---missed calls and messages.  When the devices are on the Network Extender and you are on the phone, the voice quality is very good and we are pleased.  Just need the phones to stay connected to the Network Extender and see it as a native Verizon access point!

The Network Extender consistently gets all four blue lights after a reboot.  I still put the external GPS antenna near a window.  I've tested bandwidth on our network and we are within the recommended specs.  I have tried rebooting phones (including removing the batteries.)  I can not update our PRL's because we have 4G devices with SIM's.  What else can I do?  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phones on Network Extender (Samsung EVDO) show ROAM?
zx900b
Enthusiast - Level 1

I talked to a support person. He pushed PRL #15296 to our phones to replace #15287. We rebooted the phones to compete the update and problem solved!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for the issues you're experiencing with Network Extender at your cabin zx900b. Solid blue lights are great! Although you can't update PRL by dialing *228, you can by powering phones off & removing SIM cards for about 30 seconds then restart. Please try this and see if it helps.

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zx900b
Enthusiast - Level 1

I talked to a support person. He pushed PRL #15296 to our phones to replace #15287. We rebooted the phones to compete the update and problem solved!

0 Likes