Verizon Extender - Router Ports?
Eplusmjohnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Verizon Network Extender, and it goes out on a daily basis.  To get it back on, I have to reset the modem and then the Extender.  When it goes out, the system LED and GPS lights are both blinking red.  I didn't have any problems until we replaced our modem/router about a month ago.  Now it goes out once a day.  Has anyone had problems with their Extender after they switched routers?  In another forum, I saw that it may be necessary to enable ports 500, 4500, 53, and 52428 on the modem/router. However, my internet provider said I need to know whether each port is TCP or UDP.  Can someone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Extender - Router Ports?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eplusmjohnson, I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your Network Extender. We definitely want to help, so you can use that to stay connected and have excellent service in your home. So we can help, can you confirm which kind of Extender you're using? Does it have a digital display at all?    

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Eplusmjohnson wrote:

I have a Verizon Network Extender, and it goes out on a daily basis.  To get it back on, I have to reset the modem and then the Extender.  When it goes out, the system LED and GPS lights are both blinking red.  I didn't have any problems until we replaced our modem/router about a month ago.  Now it goes out once a day.  Has anyone had problems with their Extender after they switched routers?  In another forum, I saw that it may be necessary to enable ports 500, 4500, 53, and 52428 on the modem/router. However, my internet provider said I need to know whether each port is TCP or UDP.  Can someone help?

From the User Guide for the 4G SLS-BU102 here is a snapshot of the ports:

4G SCS-BU102 ports.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Eplusmjohnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our extender is model # SCS 26UC4.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much, Eplusmjohnson. Make sure the following ports are enabled: 123 UDP, 4500 UDP, 500 UDP, 53 TCP / UDP, 52428 TCP / UDP. You can get more tips on setting up your equipment at https://www.verizon.com/support/network-extender-router-configuration/.

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
DBSESQ1

I have a brand new Verizon "LTE Network Extender" with a new Netgear Nighthawk C7100 gateway. I have confirmed with Netgear support that all ports are properly opened, but I keep getting the "Server Error 5A" error message on the extender. The only unclear issue is that Netgear tells me there is no QoS settings on their Gateways, but I can't believe that this would make all Netgear gateways automatically incompatible with all Verizon extenders.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@DBSESQ1 wrote:

I have a brand new Verizon "LTE Network Extender" with a new Netgear Nighthawk C7100 gateway. I have confirmed with Netgear support that all ports are properly opened, but I keep getting the "Server Error 5A" error message on the extender. The only unclear issue is that Netgear tells me there is no QoS settings on their Gateways, but I can't believe that this would make all Netgear gateways automatically incompatible with all Verizon extenders.

Does your startup guide or user manual for the extender describe the 'server error 5A' message?  What is the exact model number from the label on the extender?  The reference from the Samsung LTE extender for 5a error is  a software issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DBSESQ1, normally with that error code, it has to do with a Software Failure. Did you recently do any software updates on the Extender? 

-TakendraW_VZW 

0 Likes