Re: Verizon 4G Network Extender 2 restricted access list.
AndrewBreault
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ryanm_vzw @vzw_customer_support Thank you for getting back to us! 

The extender model is the Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 (SKU# SLS-BU10B). The extender is functioning well, but still lacks the capability to set up a whitelist. When is this feature going to be enabled? 

Looking forward to hearing back, 

Andrew

Rjwgump
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dont hold your breath. It's kind of like social security, we pay for others to use our bandwidth. The hard worker has to pay, while others take advantage. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the update with you getting back to us as it relates to your Verizon 4G Network Extender 2 and the whitelist, AndrewBreault. Let me check into your concern if the feature for the whitelist is going to be enabled. Upon review, there's no information if the whitelist feature is going to be available. While Managed mode is being evaluated, Verizon makes no warranty as to its timing or availability. Here's a link for more details https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/- . However, if anything changes, please keep checking our support website as we want to work on improving desired features.
Does this help give clarity?

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
Rjwgump
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't hold your breath. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with garbage It's never going to happen, no matter how much meaningless, "let me check for you" replies, links on how to setup the device, or thanking for being a loyal Verizon customer, I do apologize etc... If you're a business customer, you're good to go. Just purchase an enterprise network Extender, very expensive though. 

0 Likes
AndrewBreault
Enthusiast - Level 2

@EdwinW_VZW @vzw_customer_support 

This does not provide any further clarity and only re-enforces the fact that this is not a priority. Please save the scripted responses. Clarity would be providing a timeline to a solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand this is not the answer you were looking for. Unfortunately, there is no estimated timeline at this time. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
phil95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also going to chime in on this one, I do feel as a Cybersecuity professional that whitelisting/user managment is a VERY necessary feature. Also I feel that I should be able to control who and what is taking up my bandwidth that I pay for. While it is secure, and completely isolated from your home network, it's still a entry point that shouldn't be so easy.

2ndLetter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto all the security concerns as a fellow Cybersecurity pro also. This is extremely unacceptable. It's 2020, why in the world would this be released to the public without security in mind. Since the business version has this feature, we know it isn't a technical problem.

This is a poor decision a group of business people made ignoring the recommendations of their cyber team.

Please echo this up the chain!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know your privacy and security are extremely important, we appreciate your input and we can definitely get this forwarded to the appropriate team. 

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
Nemo42

I just purchased the Network Extender 2 for Enterprise. $3,000. The salesperson said it could be "closed" and whitelisted. Tech support said the same. I downloaded the user manual (3.4, published March 2019, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-enterprise-basics/) which says on page 34... you guessed it, that there are three modes: Open for all users, Hybrid where "members have priority", and closed, where "only members allowed". It even has page 43 titled "The Network Extender Connected Devices Page in Hybrid or Closed Mode" and how to evaluate the data. But you are saying it's all a lie and you can't close the system?

0 Likes