Re: Verizon 4G Network Extender 2 restricted access list.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BuyingTime,safety is key no matter which device you are using. At this time, we are working with manufacturing for providing a limit block so that users may specifically register the phones that may connect with their extender. While this is not yet available for the 4G version, please know that the extender does limit the connection to about 50ft, in many cases this does mean that neighbors will not have the option of that connection.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rjwgump
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont think they care. Open borders, open networks. Its absolutely ludicrous that a new firmware hasn't been pushed to these devices that includes the option for a closed system. Even the newer enterprises unit has the capability of an open or closed system. Why should we be forced to let the neighborhood use out bandwidth. 

NCverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any updated on this yet?  This alone is making me seriously thinking of cancelling my Service.

smburge
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, 

Please make this a priority! This is absurd that you cannot prioritize phones on the new extender. I live in a mid-rise condominium and my neighbors live in the close proximity of my Extender and I. How do we escalate and find out when the update to allow this is being targeted for?

dd-dd-dd
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW *are* stealing somebody elses bandwidth if there's no whitelisting option is present.

This device should be taken off the market until this flaw is addressed.

I'm sure you have your usual lame excuses in the fine print when you agree to activate it, but nevertheless, this is a bad practice by a service provider.

AndrewBreault
Enthusiast - Level 2

They will let you updgrade to the Enterprise extenders for the low price of $3,000 that have restricted user groups. Total garbage 

AndrewBreault
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support When do you plan on addressing this problem? This is a massive oversight and needs to be fixed. 

Thergood
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, gonna need an answer on this one ASAP

brimster
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just adding my voice to the chorus.  I did this with ease with the 3G extender.  Why can't I do it with the 4GLTE?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure that you are getting full use of your network extender, brimster. Help is here. To clarify, what is the specific make/model of your network extender? Are you having any issues with extender that we should know about other than the ability to create a whitelist?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes