Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender blocks incoming calls
svoteam

set it up about a month ago and have been having problems getting incoming calls, i have people telling me they are calling 10+ times and my phone never rings. i tried it myself with another phone on the extender and the same problem. strange thing is it shows 4-5 bars but the 4g symbol is not lit up, its like a shadow. did a little testing and noticed if i shut off WIFI on the phone it works flawlessly and the 4g symbol lights up, turn on wifi 4g shadows and no incoming calls?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon 4G LTE Network Extender blocks incoming calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you get the best connection! What model is each device? Are you also using the WiFi Calling setting on the device? 

0 Likes
svoteam

both phones are samsung S9, yes wifi calling is on

0 Likes
LongIslandFam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm that shutting WiFi off, even for just a few seconds gets us reconnected to the extender. At all times, dialing #48 confirms that the phones are under extender coverage.  

I still don't know how to solve the issue but after seeing many threads and trying these steps, it is frustrating to miss incoming calls intermittently.  Outgoing calls (as well as text messages in/out) work perfectly. 

On our iPhones, we tried related features on or off (wifi calling, calls on other devices, VoLTE) but to no avail. Also tried resetting the extender to factory defaults and replacing SIM cards in the phones. 

Seeing that shutting off WiFi helps temporarily, I tried a different wireless routers (both ASUS and Verizon Quantum Gateway), eliminated VZ QG as router and tried the extender connected to the VZ QG while phones are connected to Asus router.  Incoming calls go through, until they randomly stop.

Updated iPhones and also reset all network settings. No luck. It's as if the extender just drops the phones or maybe there is a connection timeout and no keep-alive to maintain the connection.

Spoke with Verizon twice - they tried different provisioning options. Made no difference.

Will follow this thread for any developments.    

SIBONDO1971
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you receive a fix for this by chance? I spent several hours on the phone with Verizon and nobody can be bothered to help.

• Reset all network settings on my phone and walked through the instructions 3 or 4 times.
  • Reset the extender to Factory
  • Checked router for blocked ports or devices
  • Tried every troubleshooting tip 6 Verizon CSR had me do

Getting ready to drop Verizon if they don't fix this. 

inthemountains

Any update to this? i am having same issue. Daily, I reset network settings and log in again to extender, but still is not reliable. I have put on my VM message that we are having Verizon Extender issues and this message does not mean I am not available. 

Baffled.

0 Likes
kayakboy000000
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an extender 2 for enterprise.  Missing incoming calls and SMS texts.  The tech support team is sending me an extender 3 (consumer grade) for free.  Seems a bit drastic for what I suspect is a SW or network issue w/ many of our extenders.  Will advise once I get it up and running.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having an ongoing issue with your network extender is the last thing that we want. I will be sending you a Private Note in one moment.

0 Likes
SIBONDO1971
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree this seems to be software or Verizon network related. I've gone through my internal network extensively to verify White/Blacklisting issues, open/closed ports, and various other measures. Nothing being blocked due to a setting within my phones and literally 100's of hours troubleshooting and issues that I don't own nor did I create. Essentially paying for service I'm not receiving because they refuse to provide a solution for an issue they caused. 

The last 10 months have been done nothing but connect me with yet another agent, perform the same tasks completed 30 other times before, and passively berate my intelligence with every conversation. What I have been told by a Tier 2 agent, is that all of their 3G towers have been taken offline, leaving only 4G LTE to carry the load and one extremely large problem to contend with...4G tower coverage/saturation. Thus introducing the latest problem plaguing the masses...having 4G towers within range AND that have antennas pointed in our direction. Respectfully, we do have 4G towers near us but they all have antennas focused AWAY from us. It's like Verizon is creating a force field with cell signal to keep everybody out of our area or something or maybe the towers are simply too ashamed to look at us. 

Better, stronger, faster, smaller is great and all but does no good if you only have one 5G tower within 50 miles of you. The 5G rollout was poorly managed and only done to try and beat the competition in their deployment and claims of being the first to offer 5G. 

Maybe someone should introduce them to the old adage discussing horses, carts, and the importance of getting those implemented correctly and then deployed in the appropriate order.  

If anyone finds a solution please post in the forums since they refuse to admit they've cut their own noses off just to spite their face for optics while carrying no concern for the customer base that funds them. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help with your concerns and want to make sure that you are provided the best service as a customer. In no way would we want our customers to experience service issues and would like to review your concerns more. In order to do so please send us a private message for additional review regarding your account. 

0 Likes