Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 - No IP Address
Johnnylp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can not get my Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 to connet to the Verizon Network.

The screen on the device reads:

"Connecting to the Verizon Network

(Step 8a of 14)"

And then nothing happens.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 - No IP Address
Johnnylp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called the Verizon Helpline.  After hours of working with them, they sent me a replacement.  

The LTE Network Extender they sent wouldn’t connect either.  Eventually I just did a factory reset on my Netgear R8000 and the extender connected.  No idea what really changed in the router settings?!

View solution in original post

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Johnnylp wrote:

I can not get my Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2 to connet to the Verizon Network.

(Step 8a of 14)"

Here is a comment provided in an old thread that might help:

4G Net Extender Step 8a issues.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Johnnylp wrote:

(Step 8a of 14)"

A simple search in the Forum for '8a' shows numerous related threads including this one that might help:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/NE2-Stuck-at-Step-8a-CURE/m-p/1166938

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out, Johnnylp. We do want to make sure that the Network Extender is working for you. Is this the first time you're trying to set the network extender up? Or was it already activated and this message appeared? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Johnnylp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called the Verizon Helpline.  After hours of working with them, they sent me a replacement.  

The LTE Network Extender they sent wouldn’t connect either.  Eventually I just did a factory reset on my Netgear R8000 and the extender connected.  No idea what really changed in the router settings?!

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Johnnylp wrote:

Did you check or did Verizon Support have you check your routers' IPSec Passthrough setting, enabled or disabled if it is even there?  Were you able to look at your router logs when it failed at step 8a to see if there were any clues?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You might look at:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Will-my-Nighthawk-X6-R8000-allow-vpn-connect...

This might be related to why it was failing.

Johnnylp
Enthusiast - Level 2

We enabled PassThrough and rebooted several times....router would not go past 8a.  

0 Likes