Samsund s6 weak connection
SPARKCHASER1200

I have a  3G network extender does not have a strong connection to my  Samsung S6.  Has only one bar in the same room. I have turned off the LTE, but only allows it to connect.I also rebooted the extender. I have been getting call drop out in the house with in yards of extender.  My iPhone 6 works great. Lots of signal strength.  What i any thing can be done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsund s6 weak connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do understand your concern, SPARKCHASER1200. The network extender is a great piece of equipment for devices that don't have access to WiFi calling. While most new phones do offer WiFi calling there is still a great number of devices where it is not available and would require the extender. When did you purchase the network extender? What other Verizon devices are used in the household?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SPARKCHASER1200

One other thing that might be a clue. On the top of the screen the phone shows the 4G symbol. I know the network extender is only 3G.

The lock screens says phone is connected to network extender.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you with the best signal possible and we want to make sure your extender is working properly, SPARKCHASER1200. Let’s dig into this. How long has this been happening? Any changes to the device or area? Please make sure HD Voice is turned off, http://spr.ly/658783Y03.

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SPARKCHASER1200

DanielleR_VZW,

Not sure exactly how long this has been going on but I would guess about a

month or so. I had been noticing some callers were having trouble with me

cutting out during a call.

I did make sure that the HD voice is turned off. I have tried cycling

airport mode on and off but that doesn't help.

The phone tries to connect or is connecting to the cell that has a weak

signal. The one I was trying to replace with the network extender. The

cell in question has 4G capability, while the Net Extender is only 3G.

Could it be that the software is trying to connect to a 4G over a 3G

regardless of signal strength? I would think signal strength of any kind

would be better for voice use.

sparkchaser1200

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 10:55 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those additional details, SPARKCHASER1200. We definitely want to make sure you have reliable service at home and ensure your calls don't get cut off. There is a built-in feature with the Galaxy S6 for WiFi calling which does the same job as the Network Extender. Let's enable that and see if the issue still persists. Follow the steps listed under ID 201650 to enable WiFi calling: http://spr.ly/658283sUj

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SPARKCHASER1200

JosephE_VZW,

So if I activate the HD Voice, which I was told to turn off, I can then

activate WiFi calling and no longer would require the Network Extender that

I purchased for $200.00 is that correct?

I have a internet connection though the cable that my Wi-Fi uses. Data

cost is included. I could have done this instead of buying a $200.00 piece

of equipment that doesn't work with my Galaxy S6.

While this may answer my questions and even fix my connection problem it

does not make me happy.

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 10:34 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do understand your concern, SPARKCHASER1200. The network extender is a great piece of equipment for devices that don't have access to WiFi calling. While most new phones do offer WiFi calling there is still a great number of devices where it is not available and would require the extender. When did you purchase the network extender? What other Verizon devices are used in the household?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
SPARKCHASER1200

JosephE_VZW,

I purchased the Network Extender when I moved to this house in 2013. It was

the only choose back then as WiFi calling was not available.

I switched over all of my cell phones to WiFI. I deactivated the Network

Extender. My phones now work better than they have since the move.

Thanks for your help. I don't suppose there is any trade in value for the

Network Extender?

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 11:17 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes