S7 Not Connecting to Network Extender
BrendaAngie

I've read through several troubleshooting posts.  I've reset and tried everything.  I have 4 bars, and one device showing on the extender.  I try to call #48, and when the call connects I drop to 2 bars and I get a notice that I'm not connected.  My calls have been dropping all day.  I've had the network extender just about 18 months.  This is the first issue I have had with the connection.  I've done this:  Turn off Advanced Calling. Change network mode to LTE/CDMA. Get close to network extender and call #48. You should get "You are under network extender coverage". Bars are now at 4. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S7 Not Connecting to Network Extender
nicoleb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Being able to connect to the network extender can certainly improve your cellular experience, BrendaAngie. We want to make sure this phone connects as well for you. Thanks for your efforts so far. Let's continue to look into this today. Did you recently switch to the S7 from a different phone? Are other phones able to connect to the extender? Did you make any changes to your home internet service?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BrendaAngie

I have been using the same Galaxy S7, same cable/internet, same network extender, same router for 1.5 years.  Speedtest results are: Ping 14,  Download 81.33, Upload 6.03.  I logged in to the Samsung Network Extender - DNS, IPSec, Location Assistance are all "Reachable" and Current Operational Status is "In-Service"  I'm showing 9 satalites and 00 connected devices.  On the extender itself, I get an occasional 1 device but it does not stay connected.

I brought my Galaxy S8 work phone home, and it has the same problem as the S7.  Same 4 bars and extender icon until the call connects and it drops to 1-2 bars and dropped calls.  The #48 says it is not connected when I call.

0 Likes
sylviat_vzw
Verizon Employee

BrendaAngie, thank you for sharing this helpful information. We want to make sure your Network Extender is properly connecting to both of your devices. To properly connect to the Network Extender, please make sure you have advanced calling activated on both of your devices http://vz.to/2qPQEf0. Also, please let us know which LED indicators you see on the Network Extender https://vz.to/2CkWfzN. Additionally, can you please disconnect the power supply for your Network Extender from the outlet https://vz.to/2CmcPiy? Please leave the power supply disconnected for 5 minutes and retest.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BrendaAngie

Network Extender was unplugged for 10 minutes (just to be thorough) and both devices have Advanced Calling "ON".  They are on the same desktop (about 18 inches) from the network extender as it re-boots. The LED is blue, and blinking as it should for the startup.  Normal Welcome, Start Ups, 14 steps, IP address, Connecting to Verizon Network, Setting up Device... In Service, Verizon 4G LTE, solid blue LED, 8 satellites. ... still ZERO connected devices.

Both phones show the full bars, and icon that the home Network Extender is present.  When I call #48, the bars drop to two when the call connects, and the message says I'm not under Network Extender coverage.

Moving the devices closer (now touching the extender) 3 minutes later. No change.

I also tried the reset button on the back of the Network Extender.  No change.

0 Likes
BrendaAngie

A system update was pushed to my S7 last night.  It is now updated.  The problem still persists.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If possible, you might have friends or family members with different phones test when visiting to see if their model phones connect.  That might help identify whether it is the extender/network or your Samsung phones' connection only.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
BrendaAngie

I've already tried two different phones with the same result (Galaxy S7 (personal) and Galaxy S8 (work) they have both been working fine for about 18 months until Sunday 12/16/18).  It is frustrating because the devices have been working fine for so long.  I shouldn't have a problem with my SAMSUNG phone connecting to my SAMSUNG Network Extender.   My friends are not on Verizon plans, and their network coverage is not a problem at my home. It is tempting to change carriers and be done with this nonsense.   It is the Verizon service in this very small area that requires the costly Network Extender to begin with.  Until this is fixed, I cannot make clear calls from my home.  I'm optimistic someone can get this resolved quickly. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What is your internet service?  That could be the source of the problem as the Network Extender has to communicate to a Verizon Gateway server via the Internet.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
BrendaAngie

It is a Comcast high-speed connection.  Nothing, to my knowledge, has changed with my service.  It has been the same internet service since I installed the Network Extender. 

Ping 14,  Download 81.33, Upload 6.03

When I log in to the Network Extender I see:  DNS, IPSec, Location Assistance are all "Reachable" and Current Operational Status is "In-Service"

How would I troubleshoot this further?

0 Likes