Re: Please open the 4G LTE Network Extenders to allow 'Preferred Access'
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NCverizon, our new 4G Network Extenders use the verbage Managed Access instead of Preferred Access, and I just reviewed a link that will walk you through the process of how to get priority acccess for your devices only. Also, your neighbors must be within 15 feet of the Extender to connect to it, so they must almost be on your property to connect - please be mindful of this proximity! Here's that link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-faqs/#item32.

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
pingme1x

Greetings,

Several post indicated that Verizon is providing the Network Extender 2 to customers who are not able to connect to a Verizon tower from their home. How does one request this device as I do not have any service from my home. I am able to use Wi-Fi calling from my location, so would this acutally be necessary?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us about your connection concerns. If you are able to utilize Wi-Fi calling at your home location, and it is functioning well, you would not necessarily need a Network Extender. A Network Extender runs off of your home Wi-Fi network to create a bubble of  signal in your home. Most customers will use Wi-Fi call in place of a Network Extender to save a bit of money. If you are wanting to purchase a Network Extender, you can do so here: http://spr.ly/6605EvqhZ .

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
richellenyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support 

The link you provided only supplies information for the 3G version, when will someone at Verizon finally have a sufficient answer?!?!

@StephannieP_VZW: Did you **actually** ever bother to read the info in the link you provided?? Apparently not.

Apparently, this issue has been a MAJOR contention for MANY other 4G-version Extender customers here going on several years now, I just purchased my own 4G-extender earlier this year and I was absolutely appalled to find out about this ongoing issue and the absolute inefficiency with the ALL the vzw customer support admin here (every single one, so far) who have replied ineffectively (if not outright condescendingly) to this repeatedly mentioned (and ANOTHER consternation for all of us [densely populated, ie. living in extreme close proximity] apartment dwellers especially) customer issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any conflicting information, richellenyc. We want to ensure we full resolve your concerns.  currently the 4G LTE Network Extender only supports open mode. While Managed mode is being evaluated, Verizon makes no warranty as to its timing or availability. Refer to #1 under "Management and Security": https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/#what. I hope this is beneficial.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes