Network extender works for two out of three iPhones in the home
Duffman

Hello,

I have an unusual problem where two out of the three iphones in the house use the Verizon Network Extender.  I use the normal "#48" to verify it's usage.

The only thing I notice that is different across the devices is the one that doesn't work, iPhone 6 Plus, is set to use "Advanced Calling 1.0"

Any ideas on the situation?

Thanks,

Terry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network extender works for two out of three iPhones in the home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duffman,

I can fully explain. Yes this is working as designed. Advanced Calling does not work on a Network Extender. We apologize.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duffman,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Network Extender. Please turn off the Advanced Calling 1.0 on the iPhone 6 Plus. Test and see if you can connect to the Network Extender. Please keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes
Duffman

So when I switch Advanced Calling 1.0 off by choosing "Data Only" the phone uses the network extender.

So the question is; is this expected behavior?  Is Advanced Calling not compatible with the network extender?

Thanks,

Terry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duffman,

I can fully explain. Yes this is working as designed. Advanced Calling does not work on a Network Extender. We apologize.

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes
Duffman

RobinD_VZW,

If you knew that the network extender does not work with the Advanced Calling 1.0 it would have been nice if you mentioned that in the beginning.

Also can you provide any URL that has any additional information regarding this issue and do you know if this means a new network extender will become available or is VZW planning on just going with using WiFi to route calls in your home?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duffman, I can understand your concern. I do apologize this information was not provided at the start. At this time we don't have any time lines if there will be new Network Extenders that will be offered. Here is a great link that will go over the details on the Advanced Calling: http://vz.to/1ybVEt3

I want to make sure that the device that was having issues with using the Network Extender, are they able to connect to the extender without any issues once they turned off the Advanced Calling?

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Advanced calling will  not allow a device to connect to the extender when that feature is enabled.  There are no extenders on the market that can support VoLTE/XLTE/4G/LTE services.  To use the extender on the iPhone 6 youll have to disable AC1.0.  I had the same issue myself.  Doubtful many new extenders will come out anytime soon, if ever, as these new bands and technologies are supposed to bridge the gaps in spotty areas and support less congested airwaves to provide better coverage and speeds.

0 Likes