Network extender system led light is gree
kmecca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung network extender has a sys led light that is solid green.  I can't find the meaning of green lights anywhere in user manual or online search.  We cannot make or receive phone calls on cell phones but can access the internet.  WiFi signal is strong.  Mobil Data signal goes from 4 bars to 0 alternately with network extender icon staying solidly on.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network extender system led light is gree
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmecca,

Let's get your service back in business, I am sorry to hear you're experiencing service issues. Just to ensure we are on the same page, is your system LED green or blue? Blue LED is normal, persistent solid magenta is faliure and persistent solid red or slow/fast-blinking red is adnormal. Is your network extender close to a window?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon's network extender gateway may be currently down. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lindsayinleander,

We would never want to send you a canned responce regarding your issues. I have a network extender as well and it has improved my service 100%. Based on your questions here is a link that has the information that you need regarding the different colored status lights on your network extender http://vz.to/1uoR3vJ.
JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lindsayinleander
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, after telling me that you would "never want to send [me] a canned responce [sic]" that's exactly what you did. I have been to the website to which you referred me a number of times, both before and after I posted my question on this forum, and it make no mention of a GREEN SYS light on the Samsung network extender, so my guess is that you don't know the answer and didn't consider the question important enough to research the issue beyond the posted documentation, if you even looked that far. Had you visited  http://vz.to/1uoR3vJ you would have seen that it doesn't address this question, which I and several other people have. There is no mention on this page of the SYS light being green. The presence of the green SYS light doesn't seem to impact our service, but a number of other people have noted that it coincides with service problems, so this question has not been answered.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your Network Extender to work for you like it should be, lindsayinleander. The link we provided is the only information we have from Samsung on the LED lights. Since the device stopped working have you restarted it by completely unplugging it for a few minutes and then reconnecting it? Have you tried reactivating it in a different area of your home?
StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
lindsayinleander
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you StevenG_VZW. I understand that Samsung hasn't provided you with information to answer this question, which would have been the proper response to the several questions and complaints by various people on this forum. Yes, restarting the network extender made the green SYS LED turn blue after the unit synced back up with Verizon's network.

No, I'm not reporting a malfunction, although others have when this indicator is present. Our device never "stopped working". If you'll read the post to which you're replying you will see that I stated "the presence of the green SYS light doesn't seem to impact our service".

Had you checked further, you would have discovered, as I just did, Meaning of LED Status Indicators - Verizon Wireless Network Extender - 1X/EvDO/Business | Verizon Wi... which gives much more information on the status indicators.

The solid green SYS LED indicates 1xRTT is in-service but EvDO is in error. I, and others can research this, or you might want to briefly explain what this means Smiley Happy

lindsayinleander
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, a little research turns up Evolution-Data Optimized - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and CDMA2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, for anyone who cares.

The long and short of it is that when the SYS LED on your Samsung network extender turns solid green you're getting a voice connection to Verizon's network, but if you have 3g or 4g service your data connection is probably not working. If your network extender is connected to a LAN which also has a wi-fi 802.11 access point, this problem may not be noticeable if your mobile phone is connected to the Internet via wi-fi in addition to the Verizon network for voice.

The solution, as was pointed out earlier, is to power-cycle your network extender.