Re: Network extender stuck on "connecting to segw server please wait"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need, AnnWFG. What model Network Extender do you have? Did we activate it on our end and you are receiving this error afterwards? Please provide as many details as possible.

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@AnnWFP wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I've used the ethernet cable provided by Verizon with the LTE Network Extender. It is plugged into my Comcast modem. We've been trying each day for about a week now to get this working with no luck.

What model Comcast modem do you have?  Is it a gateway providing your WiFi signal to your home or do you have a separate router connected to the modem providing local network connectivity?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Msinger535
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine was fixed when I gave authorization to my account to the Verizon support, they activated it and it had been working great ever since!

Jrlawson2007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got my extender and is having the same issue. Stuck “connecting to segw server please wait...” Repositioned antenna and restarted several times. Using original Ethernet cable into WiFi router. What is the solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jrlawson2007 We certainly are not pleased that you are having the same problem. Let's go ahead and take a look at the account. We sent a private message here in this forum.

0 Likes
spasmati
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had nothing but issues with my extender from day 1. After 3 lengthy calls with Verizon, they finally decided to send new one. We will see if it finally resolves or time to move to AT&T.

0 Likes
Viperman24

The extender is new i followed the instructions and hooked it up yesterday around 7pm and still today the screen says connecting to SeGW server please wait 

0 Likes
Msinger535
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same problem, I struggled with it for several days. I was on support with them for days through their texting system. Overall my problem was caused by them not Activating it. I would suggest making sure they actually activated it to your account.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out, we are so sorry for the issues. I am confident that the replacement will work for you. Please keep us posted.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate the information provided. What is currently displayed on the LCD screen? Have you tried restarting the Network Extender? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes