Network Extender stuck on connecting to SeGW server
Jmacken1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased the network extender in September and I literally took it out of the box and plugged it into my wifi router and it was working great.  All the sudden on 12/29 it stopped working with no changes on my end. It would connect for 5-10 mins then disconnect and continue in that cycle until it would not connect at all.  After several calls and making the recommended changes to the settings on my router, I was sent a new box. The new box will not move past the connecting to SeGW server please wait step.  Verizon tells me it is a Spectrum issue and Spectrum is telling me it's a Verizon issue.  Any suggestions?  Spectrum has been out to my home and fixed a signal issue we had but it still does not work.  I am at my wits end dealing with this for over a month now.  I live in a dead zone and really need my extender to work.  

Labels (1)
Re: Network Extender stuck on connecting to SeGW server
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Jmacken1225. We are saddened to hear that you've experienced issues with the network extender despite your initial experience being great. I appreciate the details you've shared and I would be happy to turn things around. What happens when you dial #48? What is the status of the LED lights on the extender? By chance, have you tried swapping the ethernet cables connected to the extender?

0 Likes
Jmacken1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

When dialing #48 I’m told I’m not under the extender coverage. I have not tried swapping out the Ethernet cable yet, probably the only thing I have not tried at this point! I have adjusted my router to all the recommended settings (QoS, DMZ etc.) which I didn’t need to do when I first got the box & it won’t move past the connecting to SeGW server message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jmacken1225. Click here for some troubleshooting help: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-204105/. The user guide may be helpful with some additional troubleshooting steps: https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/verizon-lte-network-extender-user-guide.pdf. Is your HD Voice switched on in the settings of your phone?    CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
Jmacken1225
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve done all of this and it still does not work. I find it odd it worked fine for 4 months then suddenly stopped and I did not change a thing. Giant waste of money for only 4 months of use and now I’m stuck with basically no service. 

asquare312

I am stuck on connecting to segw server for the last 3 days. Tried resetting and everything else. Same problem. Moved all over the house. Suddenly stopped working. Please help ASAP. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, asquare312. Have you checked the firewall on your router to confirm that no ports are blocked?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
Mycatbuddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been on the phone over 2 hours and nothing has been done! And this guy said he is an expert! New out of the box and doesn't work. Then I get hung up on. What a USLESS COMPANY, VERIZON WIRELESS 5-G

Mycatbuddy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I picked up a new LTE wifixtender today brought it home have been on the phone for almost 3 hours with a Verizon expert as he called himself I'm still sitting here watching in circles saying it is connecting to the segw server and it will not connect everything has been done except for rebuild this box Verizon is the worst company I've ever dealt with in my life I have been with them for six weeks and they have gotten nothing right absolutely nothing I ordered phones and they couldn't even get them delivered and said it was my fault that they didn't show up I ordered a pet tracker online they send me a case for it instead of what I actually paid for this is what company representative recommended through telesales and I have nothing to put in it is only a case Verizon is absolutely horrible company that cannot and will not fix their problems and never provides a service that they promise

Diddley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue.

I spent 4 weeks trying to get wifi calling to work.  Hours on phone or online.  Went to verizon store and they were complete a**h***s!  Finally Verizon sent me an extender.  It doesn’t work.  Stuck on connecting to SeGW server.

we have 4 phones and an additional 2 devices on our account.

Tomorrow morning I am heading to the AT&T store.