Network Extender magenta sys
DanHotchkiss

My Samsung network extender, after years of service, is showing:

Power: solid blue

Sys: solid magenta

GPS: solid magenta

WAN: solid red

The LED reference at LED Combinations Possible Failure Reasons and Recommended Actions Verizon Wireless Network Extender ... suggests that I my power supply has failed. Can you confirm this and suggest how I can obtain a replacement?

Thanks,

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender magenta sys
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DanHotchkiss, I know how important a network extender is for your service so I certainly want to get this resolved for you.  How long has this been going on?  Do you have a similar response when you try a different wall plugin?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DanHotchkiss

Yes. I moved it to another room and got the same result.

Dan

0 Likes
DanHotchkiss

It has been this way for a couple of weeks, I believe.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The network extender is a great way to improve your in home signal DanHotchkiss. We want to make sure you can use yours. I checked the status that you provided and another issue you could be having is a router communication error. Do you have an alternate ethernet cable you can try to connect with your device? It could be an issue with that connection. Please let us know if you can try that and if it works.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry moviing the Network Extender did not work. Have you tried resetting it? Power the device off an on can reconnect it to our network. Here are some general trouble-shooting steps http://vz.to/1yA06mr .

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DanHotchkiss

Yes, I am familiar with the status light definitions and have tried multiple known good Ethernet cables and have powered the unit down and up more than once. Please refer to my prior messages, where I reference the SYS light definition and say that I have moved the unit to another room.

Please advise what I should do next.

Thank you,

Dan Hotchkiss

Sent from my phone
www.danhotchkiss.com

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dan, thank you for the information and the assistance so far with the troubleshooting you have done with us. I see that you moved the device, and have tried different ethernet connections. What are the colors that show on the lights on the unit? Have you tried to restart your router also? Are you getting an error message when trying to place a call? We are here to help.
CheriS_VZW

0 Likes
DanHotchkiss

Cheri, in response to your question, I will quote my initial message from five days ago:

My Samsung network extender, after years of service, is showing:

Power: solid blue

Sys: solid magenta

GPS: solid magenta

WAN: solid red

The LED reference at LED Combinations Possible Failure Reasons and Recommended Actions Verizon Wireless Network Extender ... suggests that I my power supply has failed. Can you confirm this and suggest how I can obtain a replacement?

Thanks,

Dan

I have answered already your question about restarting the router (yes). I am not getting an error message when I make a call because the extender is not booting up or transmitting a signal.

I'm hoping that we can move beyond basics and address my issue soon. Perhaps you need to escalate the case?

Dan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dan, thank you, I am happy to get this resolved with you. I did look for this information but did not see it before, my apologies. You are in good hands here. I am a technical support expert, and have worked with this concern many times. My first flag that I have is the WAN. This should have activated before the GPS would have engaged. Have you restarted your home router and all its component, computers and all? I would have you disconnect all the wires and reconnect them starting with the power cords first.  I know this is a basic step, but this failiing connection is imparative for the device activation. The second largest flag, and as important, is the GPS. Without the device being able to reach the satalites, it will also hinder the activation. I am here to help, and will get this resolved, but we need to get it to change colors. Can you meet us on twitter and let us dig deeper into this resolution for you.
CheriS_VZW

0 Likes