Network Extender doesn't work with iPhone 7 Plus
scottyh2838

I have the same results as o have posted here and on Reddit. All other phones in the house connect fine. Please fix!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender doesn't work with iPhone 7 Plus
JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here as well.

0 Likes
scottyh2838

Hopefully Verizon is working on this. It's pretty important.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scottyh2838,

Our goal is always for your phone to work with all your devices. That's incredibly important. My extender is my lifeline to the world when I'm at home. What happens when you try to connect? When did it start?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue everyone else who has an iPhone 7, there are multiple threads here describing in detail what is happening, also multiple network tickets

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s ensure your device is connected and working as intended, JWLIONKING! Have you restarted the Network Extender since this issue began? Do you happen to have any other devices that are connecting to the Extender as well?

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I have restarted the extender multiple times.  The extender works perfect on ANY other phone except the iPhone 7.

reggie14

I'm having this problem now.  I got an iPhone 7 last Friday, and immediately started having problems with *all* of my devices intermittently connecting to the extender. I really thought it was just a problem with the extender (it didn't even occur to me that the iPhone may be involved), but after a week of troubleshooting with Verizon, it's very obvious this is a problem with the iPhone.  If I turn off the iPhone, the extender works fine.  Once I turn it on, within a few hours my other devices start having problems connecting (and saying connected) to the extender.

Has everyone looked at their LTE extender logs? You can view these on your LTE Extender web admin page. You'll need to find the IP address of your 4G extender first. You can do that by cycling through the screens on the front of the network extender.

Type that address in a web browser. When prompted, the default password for the extender is LteFemt0 (that's a zero at the end).

Then go to About->Status and Alerts. On that page, under Status Details, there should be something that says System Detail History. Click on that and look for messages saying the extender is "Not In-Service."

0 Likes
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

reggie14, we appreciate all of the details. We want to be sure that we have completed every troubleshooting step we have available to end this concern. I'm happy to continue helping.

Just for clarification, does the phone have the newest software update? Are there any signs of physical or liquid damage to the device? We also recommend that you run a diagnostic View Device Health Check - MVD - Apple iPhone | Verizon Wireless  on the phone at your earliest convenience.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes