Network Extender Stuck In Startup State 11b
BOBHAY90

For about 2 months I had purchased and successfully used a 4G LTE Network Extender.  Then, about a week ago, it lost connection with the network and had to restart, and now it cannot get past startup state 11b.  I’ve called Verizon’s 611 number and they just send us an email telling us it isn’t their problem, it’s our ISP, and make sure certain ports are configured correctly on my router.  I’ve made sure those ports are configured correctly, but that does not solve the problem.  I’ve cycled power, reset the router, reset the extender, everything.  And my ISP is saying it’s not their problem either.  Does anyone have an idea of what to do next, or what the problem is?  I’m considering changing ISPs anyway but before I inconvenience myself I wanted to see if someone out there had a solution.

My ISP only provides a data rate on the order of about 5 Mbps.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Stuck In Startup State 11b
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today, please ensure you remove the extender from the device it's self and then reconnect it after power cycling the extender. Keep us posted! GenevieveB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
headhertz
Enthusiast - Level 2

You might check your device status page and/or contact Verizon to see if the issue I found on 4G LTE Network Extender 2 stuck at step 11b since 12/5/2018  applies to you as well.  Good luck!

0 Likes
kinofphone

We have spent over 3 hours on the phone with tech support and were sent to engineering, who told us that Verizon has lost the contract in our area (Michigan's upper thumb) to provide network extender services.  The contract may or may not be reinstated and to use wi-fi calling. There was nothing they or we could do to connect until the service was reestablished at the corporate level.  Before we got that answer we tried, with customer support on the line, all of the above suggestions.

Can you confirm if this is true?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

No, the other customers here or the customer service representatives in this forum are way below the level of the technical support and engineering departments you’ve already spoke with so issues like that couldnt be confirmed here

0 Likes
headhertz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't confirm the truth of that statement but I can say it sounds similar to what I was told, something along the lines of; "Verizon is no longer licensed to provide that service in my area."

I had three previously-working network extenders offline and they had all stopped working on the same day.

My account manager was able to get service restored to my network extenders but I have not received an actual diagnosis or any indication that the issue is fixed for good.

Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kinofphone, it is definitely important to have the appropriate service needs met. To clarify, were you attempting to purchase a Network Extender or use a loan Network Extender?

JoshuaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BrianN123

After going through 2 brand new extenders and 3 hours of calls with customer service, it finally got escalated to engineering, who gave the below response. Basically, it is a router setting issue. On my Netgear router, I think what finally did the trick was changing the time zone to my actual time zone, and turning off the router security until setup was complete.

I definitely recommend clicking the hyperlink at the end of this, and reading through other links. They do have some information about how to configure major router brands.

Please make sure clients router is configured with follow configurations, no network issues found

Recommended settings:
" IPSec Pass-through must be enabled
" IP fragmentation must be enabled
" If using a PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) switch, PoE must be disabled
" Ensure ESP packets are not blocked by the firewall on the downstream
" Enable high QoS for the Extender
" Enable DMZ (recommended, NOT required; common on most consumer routers)

Refer to the Internet Service Provider (ISP), Network Admin, or equipment manufacturer for assistance with these settings. Examples of router setup are provided here; however, Verizon Wireless doesn't support third-party routers.
If experiencing connectivity and/or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) issues:
" The router's firewall settings can be completely disabled (for testing purposes only).
" The Network Extender's Internet Protocol (IP) address can be entered into the router's Demilitarized Zone / Data Management Zone (DMZ).
DMZ is a buffer zone separating the internet from the Local Area Network (LAN).
The IP address assigned to the Network Extender can be identified by viewing the router's DHCP client list.

Make sure following Ports are open
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-25525/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BrianN123, we apologize for the time you spent trying to resolve the issues you had with two network extenders. We are thrilled to learn that the issue was resolved. Thank you for sharing the link to help other community members that may be having the same issues you experienced with your network extenders. I want to take this opportunity to thank you for being a loyal member of the Verizon family. Have a great day. 

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes