Network Extender Not Connecting to Verizon's Servers
rwrbwilliams

For several days now my Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender has been stuck in the setup process at either 8a or 11a. I've done about everything in my power to try and get it to setup and connect to Verizon's servers, but no luck. The connection randomly disconnected a few days ago and hasn't come back online since. I've maneuvered my networking equipment around trying various different locations throughout my house and still nothing.

I've seen multiple discussion threads on here within the last couple of days addressing this issue, so I'm aware that it's not only me having this problem. But what is being done to get this issue corrected?! I tolerated the first day of it not working and expected this issue to be resolved ASAP, but here I am four days in. 😡😤

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Not Connecting to Verizon's Servers
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@rwrbwilliams wrote:

For several days now my Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender has been stuck in the setup process at either 8a or 11a. I've done about everything in my power to try and get it to setup and connect to Verizon's servers, but no luck. The connection randomly disconnected a few days ago and hasn't come back online since. I've maneuvered my networking equipment around trying various different locations throughout my house and still nothing.

I've seen multiple discussion threads on here within the last couple of days addressing this issue, so I'm aware that it's not only me having this problem. But what is being done to get this issue corrected?! I tolerated the first day of it not working and expected this issue to be resolved ASAP, but here I am four days in. 😡😤

If you've followed https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Wifi-Extender-2-stuck-on-11a/td-p/1175676/... you should see that VZW found and resolved the issue.  If you're still experiencing the issue maybe the resolution hasn't reached your area or something else is going on.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to troubleshoot this matter with you. Have you been able to speak with a Verizon Wireless representative regarding this matter as yet? What is the ZIP Code that you are in for this issue?

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
mchan0811

I started experiencing this problem where it the extender is stuck on Step 11a or Step 11b. I called tech support and they are trying to figure out but no luck as of now.

The active alarm error indicates: SYS FEMS_COMMUNICATION_ERROR
The 4G LTE Network Extender performs a communication check with the Serving Management periodically. This alarm is raised when the 4G LTE Network Extender does not receive acknowledgement from the Serving Management Server. The alarm will get automatically cleared when communication to the Serving Management Server is restored. The 4G LTE Network Extender will continue to provide service and no action is needed.

This is annoying. I've had this extender for over 3 years now and lived in this apartment for over 2 years now and never had an issue. It just started yesterday late afternoon.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@mchan0811 wrote:

I started experiencing this problem where it the extender is stuck on Step 11a or Step 11b. I called tech support and they are trying to figure out but no luck as of now.

The active alarm error indicates: SYS FEMS_COMMUNICATION_ERROR
The 4G LTE Network Extender performs a communication check with the Serving Management periodically. This alarm is raised when the 4G LTE Network Extender does not receive acknowledgement from the Serving Management Server. The alarm will get automatically cleared when communication to the Serving Management Server is restored. The 4G LTE Network Extender will continue to provide service and no action is needed.

This is annoying. I've had this extender for over 3 years now and lived in this apartment for over 2 years now and never had an issue. It just started yesterday late afternoon.

From a thread back in July, 2020 with the same 11a issue, the resolution stated: 

"Changes made to a geofile caused a state change to perform a PNP0.  Once the MDB  was reset the orders started to process".  

It took several days for the master database reset to promulgate through all the servers over the country and resolve users issues.  Maybe a similar event occurred affecting your area and/or a database corruption.  Hopefully it will be temporary for you.  What zip code are you in?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mchan0811

Did anything happen on that device? Did you update the software on that Network Extender device or the Internet connection in your home? 

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes